Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Nicole

and Team / Co
Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
There appears to be a fifth show this year, called ZomBeats.

Here is the official description:

GHOULISHLY ENTERTAINING PERCUSSION SHOW IN FRANCE​

This group of post-apocalyptic ambassadors drum to their own Howl-O-Scream beat with shows throughout the day and night that are sure to be a treat. Tap along to the rhythmic sounds of the ALL-NEW ZomBeats in France village on select operating dates through October 31.

AD87532B-CCB1-40FE-835F-A3CF1C35F1A5.jpeg

I'm such a sucker for a good percussion show! Hope this is really solid.

And just when it seemed the English language might be fresh out of suitable Halloween-themed attraction naming puns: ZomBeats.

Much better than Red Man Group, which came to mind upon beholding the drums in the photo above. ...In the mind of an anonymous author, anyway.

(Both legally dubious and unintentionally politically fraught, upon a moment's reflection)

Its fine. The show starts good with the intro, but it has a lot of cheesy and honestly cringe dialogue. The percussion is cool and all. Personally, I think it doesn't hold a candle to the percussion scenes in monster Stomp, but it's definitely a fun street show in passing to enjoy.

Overall, glad they got creative and threw something in. I'd say stay and watch since the percussion gets better as it goes (tough out the dialogue) if you are passing by, but I wouldn't necessarily run across the park to catch a showtime for this or anything.

I feel like I saw this once or twice while walking through France in September. Didn't see anything on the website or app so I figured it was an "underground" street performer show that they put on.

Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
Respect for the ZomBeats crew for adding an absolutely vicious reference to Pantheon to their show.

They explain that they were killed and turned into Zombies during an accident while cleaning up a biohazard spill on the Pantheon site and state that: "Maybe that is why the ride has been sitting around idle for the past 2 years"

They also state that they feel sick because they ate a guest that had food from Marco Polo's. They blame it on the guest eating to much garlic bread, or something like that.

Last edited:
Respect for the ZomBeats crew for adding an absolutely vicious reference to Pantheon to their show.

The sickest burn in the show is when they call out a widely disliked former upper management individual by name, while maintaining plausible deniability by taking advantage of the fact that the name and description also matches one of the show's creators. It's a many layered inside joke that I and other friends got immediately. For newer fans and uninformed park guests, the joke might fall a little flat. But, I appreciate the nod to veteran insiders who would get the joke.

The sickest burn in the show is when they call out a widely disliked former upper management individual by name, while maintaining plausible deniability by taking advantage of the fact that the name and description also matches one of the show's creators. It's a many layered inside joke that I and other friends got immediately. For newer fans and uninformed park guests, the joke might fall a little flat. But, I appreciate the nod to veteran insiders who would get the joke.
for someone not in Va what's the joke?

The human representation of the common bath tissue brand.

Not as good as its peers, gets the job done at a bare minimum but somehow can be found everywhere you look. Managing to make two-ply feel like one-ply.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
I don't know the lore. Who is Scott?
Hard to sum up in one post but he was responsible for some acid tripping choices made during his time with the park. Just search the forums for "glitter monster" and you'll get the gist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad