Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Actually really happy to see WOF building something new. A lot of people criticize them building a 2nd GCI but I don't see any issue with it especially for a park with a 10+ year coaster draught. I'll have to check this out next year which I imagine will go like "yup this is WOF, a Cedar Fair park......and I have all the credits............I appear to be driving south now my legs just proceeded to the car and we are driving south towards "Branson."" Glad to see Cedar Fair is still a major customer for GCI.

Dec 7, 2021
I just realized- cedar fair is building not one but 2 prototype coasters for the 2023 season. Zambezi Singer being a prototype with spiral lift, Titan track, and Infinity Flyers. Add that with CP’s spinning mouse that will have more of a Gerstlauer spinner feel (looking at the layout), and here we are.

Apr 22, 2019
Actually really happy to see WOF building something new. A lot of people criticize them building a 2nd GCI but I don't see any issue with it especially for a park with a 10+ year coaster draught. I'll have to check this out next year which I imagine will go like "yup this is WOF, a Cedar Fair park......and I have all the credits............I appear to be driving south now my legs just proceeded to the car and we are driving south towards "Branson."" Glad to see Cedar Fair is still a major customer for GCI.
Titan Track is a steel coaster. Completely different from what we previously meant by "a GCI". I'm not anti-titan. Ground-up is great and I would love to try this thing when it's done. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun and it's unique. But you build a GCI wooden or a GCI steel - can no longer just say, "build a GCI". Or even GCI hybrid if it's legit hybrid and has both wood and steel track. Anyway, point is that this isn't "another GCI". They'll have a wooden GCI and a steel GCI. Very different experiences.

Jul 30, 2022
Other than the entrance, WOF does not feel like a cedar fair park. The upside with it being a forgotten park is that they really haven’t made it feel corporate like the others.

I've always been curious about that for Worlds of Fun since it was conceptually a theme park when it was created with the different countries. I've "only" hit KD, Caro, KI, CP, and DP of the Cedar Fair chain. They all feel fairly distinct from one another but there was definitely that "Cedar Fair vibe" to them. It's always seemed somewhat odd to me the park isn't heavily invested in with the KC metro area having a population of ~2.1 million you'd think they could go all out with it. Charlottes metro is only ~.4 million more than KC. Probably just an order of priorities thing.

Jul 30, 2022
I've always been curious about that for Worlds of Fun since it was conceptually a theme park when it was created with the different countries. I've "only" hit KD, Caro, KI, CP, and DP of the Cedar Fair chain. They all feel fairly distinct from one another but there was definitely that "Cedar Fair vibe" to them. It's always seemed somewhat odd to me the park isn't heavily invested in with the KC metro area having a population of ~2.1 million you'd think they could go all out with it. Charlottes metro is only ~.4 million more than KC. Probably just an order of priorities thing.
The thing is, WOF was being expanded and then just stopped. When Dick Kinzel was CEO, the park got constant, large investment and then it just stopped completely after he retired. I really do believe that this coaster could be the start of a renaissance for WOF.

Apr 22, 2019
If this is not 100% Titan Track, I think the title of this thread should be changed. The title is probably the main reason I thought this ride would be 100% Titan Track. Seems like a ride that is only partially Titan shouldn't be called a Titan Track GCI... though honestly I don't know what you call it, because RMC screwed it up by getting their 100% i-box coasters called "hybrid". If it weren't for that you could call this a GCI Hybrid, but now that just means a 100% steel track coaster with (sometimes and only partially) wood supports.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
If this is not 100% Titan Track, I think the title of this thread should be changed. The title is probably the main reason I thought this ride would be 100% Titan Track. Seems like a ride that is only partially Titan shouldn't be called a Titan Track GCI... though honestly I don't know what you call it, because RMC screwed it up by getting their 100% i-box coasters called "hybrid". If it weren't for that you could call this a GCI Hybrid, but now that just means a 100% steel track coaster with (sometimes and only partially) wood supports.

Hopefully the new thread title is better (and more entertaining)

Last edited:

Coasterguy95

Intimidator 305 enjoyer, I make yt vids, watch em!
Jul 6, 2022
www.youtube.com
Not my photos, from a discord server but construction walls are up and supplies (i would assume?) under mamba

Attachments

• D2649364-715D-47DD-B8A8-79105723FB33.png
    D2649364-715D-47DD-B8A8-79105723FB33.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 5A00CF14-46CF-44D8-898D-036EC4EA8837.jpeg
    5A00CF14-46CF-44D8-898D-036EC4EA8837.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Love
Reactions: AlpenChariot
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad