Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Whether it's because of the current pandemic or a change of direction Disney has terminated the contacts of longtime World Showcase performers "British Revolution" and "Matsuriza". Both groups announced their departures through social media last night. There's been no confirmation from Disney.

download_20200315_080648.jpg

download_20200315_080640.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
I think its all about money and not wanting to pay them while closed. If you watch the Japan drummers last show they said they hope they will be asked back.....

I think it's absolutely about the uncertain nature of the closure. I know they have said end of the month but there's no way to know if that's actually what will happen. And without knowing that then this type of decision makes sense. You can sort out and bring them back after the parks reopen.

I think it's absolutely about the uncertain nature of the closure. I know they have said end of the month but there's no way to know if that's actually what will happen. And without knowing that then this type of decision makes sense. You can sort out and bring them back after the parks reopen.
But what if every company did that. Fire all the workers while they are closed then just rehire when they reopen so they don’t have to pay them. The only good that could come from this is if they can negotiate higher priced contracts afterwards....which is doubtful.

But what if every company did that. Fire all the workers while they are closed then just rehire when they reopen so they don’t have to pay them. The only good that could come from this is if they can negotiate higher priced contracts afterwards....which is doubtful.
They aren't employees though. They are an outside entity that is being contracted by Disney for services. So it makes sense to void those contracts with outside companies until you know when you will be open again.

Reactions: Mushroom
They aren't employees though. They are an outside entity that is being contracted by Disney for services. So it makes sense to void those contracts with outside companies until you know when you will be open again.
Oh I agree as a shareholder......but as a person no.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad