Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So, all of the discussion about Boo Blasters got me thinking about another underrated ride: Scooby Doo...err..I mean Woodstock Express. This cute little woodie was my first roller coaster, and I have always loved it. I hadn't ridden it in a while, but this Summer I tried it out a few times, and the Scoo...Woodstock Express is still a lot of fun. It isn't i305, but I still enjoy it a lot.

I highly recommend anyone, who hasn't been on it in a while, try it again.

Reactions: Zimmy and Jonquil
I vaguely remember when I was about 4 or 5, we got stuck on the lift hill. We sat there for (what a four year old thought was hours) a few minutes, then they started the ride up again. All the other kids were freaking out, and so was I!

I think everybody has great memories on this ride. I don't know if you guys have seen the new KD commercial where the dad takes his son to the park, and he's just tall enough to ride, and then it shows another shot of the son Grown up as a dad taking his son with the grandpa behind him. Reminds me of this ride

The Scooo....Woodstock express, is really quite smooth for a woodie. Especially in comparison to the other woodies at the park. I have ridden it twice this year. One front seat ride, and one back seat. I hope this thing lasts 40 more years!

Reactions: Nicole and wombat96
Mazakman said:
The Scooo....Woodstock express, is really quite smooth for a woodie. Especially in comparison to the other woodies at the park. I have ridden it twice this year. One front seat ride, and one back seat. I hope this thing lasts 40 more years!
I've rode backseat twice and whoa. This thing has some zip!:)

Just because I haven't ridden the Scooby Doo Woodstock Express since 1992 doesn't mean I can't love it.

Reactions: Nicole
Complaint about this ride - I absolutely hate the white text decal on the front of the trains. Why can't they just put on the logo?

When did they put in the partitions? Presumably the seats are narrower than on Grizzly or Rebel Yell.

I have not ridden in a few years, and last time I did I do not remember thinking a second person would have fit next to me.

You are quite correct. They do still have buzzbars which is cool though. I remember Grizzly and Rebel Yell when they had them. It was such a cool ride sliding around in the seats during those days.

Nope, there are most certainly no seat dividers on this ride. I (a teenager) fit comfortably with in the seat with an adult when I rode a few days ago. It was the first time I'd ridden in ages, and oh boy how fun it was! It has a lot of zip in the back (not to mention being very smooth for a wooden coaster). I have to admit, I felt like a carefree little kid again, and it was great seeing the little ones squealing in delight around me as they rode with their parents.

What a great little ride.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad