Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 17, 2012
http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/03/wonder-woman-roller-coaster-six-flags-fiesta-texas/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

The popular DC Comics superhero will also ride the rails of amusement when San Antonio’s Six Flags Fiesta Texas opens its Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth roller coaster in 2018, billed as the first publicly rideable single-rail design (coasters typically run on two-rail tracks) from Rocky Mountain Construction.

Across the ride’s twisty design, eight-passenger trains will carry riders over the 15.5-inch-wide steel track (which Rocky Mountain Construction has dubbed “IBox”), up 113 feet and down a 100-foot, 90-degree drop. The course also features three inversions and multiple overbanked turns, hitting speeds of 52 miles per hour.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
RE: Worlds first single track coaster

I was having a difficult time finding full resolution renders from the outlets that have published the news so far, so I collected them myself.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/1Wz3t"><a href="//imgur.com/1Wz3t"></a></blockquote>​

Reactions: wombat96

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
I'm curious if this is a shelf design from RMC or custom. Based on the footer height, I am thinking it might be a shelf design. I'm hoping that the rumored CGA Raptor has a unique layout from this ride and is not a clone.

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
Too Fast? Do you mean the video has been toyed with or that the ride is too fast?

(personally I don't think a coaster can be too fast or that the forces can be too strong, but I am a speed and drop junky.)

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
Heck of a way to go! But seriously, short of total structural and mechanical failure or complete G Lock, I do not believe a coaster can be to fast, or forces can be too strong.

Reactions: TrevorBondi

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Zimmy said:
Heck of a way to go!  But seriously, short of total structural and mechanical failure or complete G Lock, I do not believe a coaster can be to fast, or forces can be too strong.

The Raptor track is ridiculously strong anyways, which is why Wonder Woman and Railblazer feature such minimal supporting. RMC also designs their rides with a maximum of 4G positive in mind, which is a far cry from something like Intimidator 305 which holds you at over 5G for a few seconds. The structure is fine, the guests are fine (unless they ride the thing for a half hour straight), but that thing is still cycling way faster than anyone expected.

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
not all rides are for all people... As i am reminded every time I complain that drops are neutered when they twist.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad