Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

YachtyLogs

BGW Fan from Midwest
May 3, 2022
I've seen nothing concrete or anything yet, but I'm hearing chatter around Reddit about WOF actually getting two coasters in back to back years. If that wasn't crazy enough, the chatter seems to be discussing a remake of sorts of Orient Express. This seems relatively insane to me, but I'm curious what everyone thinks about it.

I see the discussion here in the replies:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Didn't Screamscape talk about 2.0 as-well? I wonder if their source on that is the same as MidwestInfoGuide's when it comes to this.

Didn't Screamscape talk about 2.0 as-well? I wonder if their source on that is the same as MidwestInfoGuide's when it comes to this.

You mean MIG is telling Screamscape this. Screamscape rarely does its own sourcing you can literally send the dude an e-mail about something and odds are he'll post it the next day if you make it sound good enough.

Maybe not 2024 but I could see something like this happening. I'll be curious to see what CF chooses to do with this park in the next couple of years with the World Cup coming in 2026, as well as the more rapid growth of the Kansas City metro. CF has 5 parks in World Cup markets (Knotts, CW, CGA, Dorney, and WOF) and I'll be interested to see what improvements will come to these parks with the games coming. Investments to 4 of the 5 of these parks is definitely probable in the coming years with thousands of international visitors coming.

Reactions: Coasternerd
CF has 5 parks in World Cup markets (Knotts, CW, CGA, Dorney, and WOF) and I'll be interested to see what improvements will come to these parks with the games coming.

Don't expect CF to do any major park expansions for a few 2026 World Cup Games to be played in some of these markets.

For KBF - there's no room to expand and the park isn't that close to SoFi Stadium. There are also way too many tourist attractions in Southern Cal so they'll have plenty of options for doing other things. If they're gonna go to a park, they'll be visiting the Disneyland Resort over anything else.

For CW - this is the company's most visited seasonal park annually. They get the constant gate numbers every year so if they get a major attraction it'll happen because of that and not the WC.

For CGA, did you miss the announcement that CF is selling that park? It might not even exist when those games come around so don't expect them to add anything at all.

For Dorney - the park is not close enough to Philly to draw World Cup visitors and they'll have better options either visiting Great Adventure or Hersheypark, or just doing other non park attractions around the area. The park doesn't have a lot of room to expand and hasn't had a brand new roller coaster installed since Hydra in 2005 and that was built on the former Hercules site.

Reactions: Zachary and warfelg
Don't expect CF to do any major park expansions for a few 2026 World Cup Games to be played in some of these markets.

For KBF - there's no room to expand and the park isn't that close to SoFi Stadium. There are also way too many tourist attractions in Southern Cal so they'll have plenty of options for doing other things. If they're gonna go to a park, they'll be visiting the Disneyland Resort over anything else.

For CW - this is the company's most visited seasonal park annually. They get the constant gate numbers every year so if they get a major attraction it'll happen because of that and not the WC.

For CGA, did you miss the announcement that CF is selling that park? It might not even exist when those games come around so don't expect them to add anything at all.

For Dorney - the park is not close enough to Philly to draw World Cup visitors and they'll have better options either visiting Great Adventure or Hersheypark, or just doing other non park attractions around the area. The park doesn't have a lot of room to expand and hasn't had a brand new roller coaster installed since Hydra in 2005 and that was built on the former Hercules site.
I did say 4 of 5, and CGA was the odd man out on that one. For sure, they may not be major investments, but I could see investment nevertheless. And as far as WOF goes, I could see them picking back up on investment where they left off before the paramount purchase. Before the Paramount purchase, they added 5 coasters in 12 years. Also, even when they weren't getting major coasters, they were still getting constant investment from CF. Almost every year after the PP purchase a flat ride or major slide were added, so WOF hasn't been completely forgotten about and CF still sees fit to invest in the park. They obviously saw something in the park with the metro growing at a steady rate. People put this park on the same neglect level as VF, MA, and DP and it really isn't. Kansas City is in a similar place to where Charlotte was about 15 years ago, so it only makes sense to invest in the property. It's a close to 3mil population in an area where it's a 3+ hour drive to any other attractions. They have the ability to be real competition with SFSL and SDC, and with all of the new park growth in the region it's CF's job to make that happen. The only question is will they.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad