Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
It has been confirmed that universal will be closing the show water world in order to construct A second WWOHP. How similar will this be to the one in Orlando? My guess is their will be a FJ and one new ride since I find it hard to believe they would build a Dragon Challenge. Maybe a Gringotts coaster?

RE: Wizarding World goes Hollywood!

Apparently their is a huge 20 year plan being put in action that will remove waterworks, T2, and the Fear Factor stage. We know waterworks is leaving for WWOHP. Now what will become of T2 anf FFL?

Smitty said:
Apparently their is a huge 20 year plan being put in action that will remove waterworks, T2, and the Fear Factor stage. We know waterworks is leaving for WWOHP. Now what will become of T2 anf FFL?

Perhaps Potter phase II - like Amity in FL...

They arent copying the all of Potter to all the parks, mainly the castle and Hogsmeade.

Haberdasher1973 said:
Perhaps Potter phase II - like Amity in FL...

Five year with the major projects currently going on and the 2014 capital improvement budget that was just passed. Not much in the way past that. Too much devotion into fast tracking near round the clock construction/design/manhours on current porjects.

http://behindthethrills.com/2012/10/hotel-harry-potte-coming-to-hollywood/

It won't let me copy and paste, but interesting nonetheless.

Water World - Closed

It has been confirmed that universal will be closing the show water world in order to construct A second WWOHP. How similar will this be to the one in Orlando? My guess is their will be a FJ and one new ride since I find it hard to believe they would build a Dragon Challenge. Maybe a Gringotts coaster?

-------------------------------

reeta

IoA Trip Report

Reeta, Universal Orlando is expanding the Harry Potter World into its  Universal Studios Park as compared to Islands of Adventure. They are building Diagon Alley. This are will feature a Gringotts Bank Ride called Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts Bank. They are also creating iconic places such as Weasley's Wizard Wheases among other shops and the Leaky Cauldron, and a proper Olivander's wand shop. They are also going to include Knockturn Alley for the Dark Magic shops. As far as I know for Universal Hollywood they are not getting Harry Potter at the moment. Just checked the site to see if waterworld was closing.

Reactions: Ben
RE: Water World - Closed

Split this off to the appropriate thread. This belongs in Universal Hollywood's board not the Islands of Adventure, Orlando board.

mjm1ahoney3 said:
As far as I know for Universal Hollywood they are not getting Harry Potter at the moment. Just checked the site to see if waterworld was closing.

Actually they are well underway with construction of Hogwarts at Universal Hollywood. You can check out the most recent construction update here. Scroll down towards the end of the post. Hogwarts is being built where the old Gibson theater used to be. As far as Waterworld "Inside Universal" has a great article on what is happening with it here.

RE: Water World - Closed

reeta said:

-------------------------------

reeta

According to press releases from Universal, it will be an exact clone of the Hogwarts at Islands of Adventure except they will not be getting Dragons Challenge. It will contain the Harry Potter Dark Ride that is inside the castle, the Flight of the Hippogrif kiddie coaster, and all the shops of Hogsmeade.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad