Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest X-Pert
Jul 26, 2014
For what it’s worth, KD’s WinterFest page has also been updated to say that the event will return in 2021.

EDIT: As explained in further detail in the 2021 Halloween Haunt thread, this website change was made back in 2020. Hoping for a full announcement soon!

Last edited:
According to park signage, WinterFest will return on November 20th and occur select nights through December 31st. The New Year’s Eve at WinterFest event will also take place this season. There has not yet been an update to the website.

1628259359979.jpeg

1627956740991.jpeg

Last edited:
Since the Park has made this announcement, I'd like to share that I received a schedule for this year's Winterfest to help plan as an artist. I can't divulge much, nor am I allowed to disclose the actual dates yet, but I am allowed to say that planning is heavily underway for a much bigger event this year and that hours will be very similar to 2018/19's Winterfest.

Since the Park has made this announcement, I'd like to share that I received a schedule for this year's Winterfest to help plan as an artist. I can't divulge much, nor am I allowed to disclose the actual dates yet, but I am allowed to say that planning is heavily underway for a much bigger event this year and that hours will be very similar to 2018/19's Winterfest.
When you say much bigger event does that translate to bigger then 2020 or bigger then 2018,2019?

My understanding is that the event will be largely similar to the events from 2018/2019. One of the better shows is getting the boot :/ Should still be expecting a new holiday parade this winter as long as everything holds up.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mtorange
Note: There are now 2 winterfest threads. Can delete this comment if things get moved.

My understanding is that the event will be largely similar to the events from 2018/2019. One of the better shows is getting the boot :/ Should still be expecting a new holiday parade this winter as long as everything holds up.

Is this boot COVID related? The map says that Kings Dominion Theatre is closed for the 2021 season, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that meant Charlie Brown’s Christmas Spectacular would (temporarily?) be removed from the lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: CastleOSullivan
Is this boot COVID related? The map says that KDT is closed for the 2021 season, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that meant Charlie Brown’s Christmas Spectacular would (temporarily?) be removed from the lineup.

What is "KDT"?

That’s an abbreviation for Kings Dominion Theater located in Old Virginia.

I don't see anything called that in the app. But I do see Old Virginia. The app map doesn't seem to say anything about it being closed for the season.

If you don't see it in the app, maybe because the park essentially dropped it from the list of options? Just a thought

Reactions: Crunchewy
Below are the posted hours for WinterFest from the park’s Special Events page. I believe that the January dates are typos since the park signage and the WinterFest page itself says the event ends on December 31st. Also, I wouldn’t think that WinterFest would end at 1:00am on those two January nights, anyway (ignore the ‘PM’ typo there).

1628081109768.jpeg

Below are the posted hours for WinterFest from the park’s Special Events page. I believe that the January dates are typos since the park signage and the WinterFest page itself says the event ends on December 31st. Also, I wouldn’t think that WinterFest would end at 1:00am on those two January nights, anyway (ignore the ‘PM’ typo there).

View attachment 24045
I am thinking it's likely meant to be 10 pm

This seems more likely tbh. However, it’s still odd that they’re included at all because signage at the front gate says that the whole event ends on December 31st.

If Twisted Timbers is open sign me up for night rides!

I believe that Twisted Timbers was open in 2019 during WinterFest, so my guess is that it’ll be included in this year’s lineup.

I don’t usually ride anything at WinterFest other than the Blue Ridge Tollway (Twelve Days of Christmas), so I really had to think about that one.

This seems more likely tbh. However, it’s still odd that they’re included at all because signage at the front gate says that the whole event ends on December 31st.

I believe that Twisted Timbers was open in 2019 during WinterFest, so my guess is that it’ll be included in this year’s lineup.

I don’t usually ride anything at WinterFest other than the Blue Ridge Tollway (Twelve Days of Christmas), so I really had to think about that one.
It would also be odd to end it on a Friday and give up Saturday and Sunday sells especially when BGW has Christmas Town still going,

2019 was also a year that Racer had track work during the off season. TT also had a lot of issues running in the cold that year I could easily see them deciding that the tamer more family friendly ride which of course could also run both sides on busy days makes more sense then TT does.

All WinterFest hours have been added to the Park Hours page of the website.

WinterFest hours reflect the 2018 and 2019 calendar without any major changes.

Also, the two dates in January from my last post have been removed from the Special Events section of the website, which means that New Year’s Eve will not only ring in 2022, but also the end of the 2021 season.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
I came across a Facebook post of an individual in a photo with Chef Denis not too long ago. This person asked the Chef if the park thought about bringing something like 2020's "Taste of the Season" back for this years full 2021 Winterfest. Chef Denis stated they intend to do just that. Should be interesting to see if that pans out.

Maybe they're doing 2 NYE celebration nights. After 2019's, I will never go again. It was cool to experience, but the crowd around the fountains was too much.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad