Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Details are live. Anyone spot anything surprising?

Still no word on 2022 preschool passes, will they exist? Are they good for this event?

Also no Invadr. Bummer
InvadR hasn’t had a full maintenance break since the park reopened in august last year… it was supposed to happen in late august/early September this year but because of HOS they pushed it back.

Hours are too short to make it worthwhile for anyone except locals that have a membership. 6 hours is not worth travel or buying a ticket. Hard to see how this turns a profit if it doesn’t bring in actual ticket sales.

No train, which is one if the best rides for low temps. No major entertainment which indoor entertainment is also a good thing to have for low temps.

Also they advertise lights but close at 6! In January it just gets dark around 6! Daylight gets longer after Dec 20.

I guess they don’t want to stick their neck out but between the hours and the chance of having nothing to do if it’s too cold, I don’t see much attendance.

As much as I would love to go a theme park in Jan, the probability that there will be little to do and the short hours isn’t worth the travel expense.

Given their limited openings last year, they seemed to angle at the local folks without passes that would come out for a beer and a coaster ride - I'm guessing they saw enough ticket sales plus in park spending to decide to continue operating that way.
If this event had a $25 ticket price and $10 parking, I could see non-membership locals maybe attending.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad