Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I don't think so. At least not any public wifi. The griffin has that webcam and I don't know if it's connected wirelessly but if it did the would be one there but it would locked. I had a great iPhone app idea for busch gardens that involved webcams on all the lines so a guest can check out how long the lines were. But the fact that they dont have wifi everywhere makes it impossible until they get some.

Well i mean BGWfans members are known throught out the park for trying to hack the wireless network near griffon.

I saw on one of the other threads that some employee came up to one of our members that was wearing a BGWFans t-shirt and said " So your the guys that hacked Griffons Web Cam" as a joke.

O, yes, I remember that now. I should remember seeing that it was me that it happened to. He was definably joking though and didn't have a problem with it.

i know he didnt have a problem with it but its funny that just saying BGWFANS makes someone remember somethig like that.

Sk8er12321 said:
I don't think so. At least not any public wifi. The griffin has that webcam and I don't know if it's connected wirelessly but if it did the would be one there but it would locked. I had a great iPhone app idea for busch gardens that involved webcams on all the lines so a guest can check out how long the lines were. But the fact that they dont have wifi everywhere makes it impossible until they get some.

Theres an app for that. Minus the vids. Ride Hopper app lets you enter ride wait times around the park. Pretty useful. At least at other parks. I haven't yet utilized it at bgw!

I've wandered all over that park with my iPod Touch to no avail!

I'm certainly hoping that now that they have a BG app they will perhaps add a hotspot or two to endorse using their app when in the park. They are certainly friendly to their online followers seeing as on Saturday (Sep 24) they were selling tickets into the park for only $13 if you said "Dead Line", a promotion only mentioned to facebook followers.

Wolfpack017 said:
I've wandered all over that park with my iPod Touch to no avail!

I'm certainly hoping that now that they have a BG app they will perhaps add a hotspot or two to endorse using their app when in the park. They are certainly friendly to their online followers seeing as on Saturday (Sep 24) they were selling tickets into the park for only $13 if you said "Dead Line", a promotion only mentioned to facebook followers.

If they add wifi spots, they will advertise it. I honestly don't see it happening for awhile. If anything, they will try to work with wireless providers to increase signal in the park (personally, Verizon only has an issue in the festhause).

Also, they also posted the $13 deal on twitter.

I don't know what it is, but lately I've been able to get much better 3G reception at the park, including at the Festhaus and Abbeystone where I've never been able to get good access before. Swiftman was saying the same thing. Weird.

I went in and out of 3g during the 2012 announcement. Usually I lost signal completely. I do know that verizon was testing their 4g network that day, and they usually improve their 3g network in a 4g area.
I don't know what provider you use, but that seems to be the case for me. My girlfriend has sprint and she had a voice signal but never had 3g while inside.

I have Sprint. It worked perfectly throughout the 2012 announcement. I was posting on Twitter and FB the whole time. Never normally able to do that.

Well that's good then. She has a rather "poor quality" phone, so that could be a cause of the issue.
I still do think it would be nice to have wifi at the restaurants. But, I can see that being an issue of safety for the parks main network. My networking classes have shown me some amazing things...

I think if they were going to put in wifi areas/hotspots it would probably be announced to the public rather than kept secret. Then again, who's going to be searching Google when they're dangling 205 feet in the air?

jackelope17 said:
I think if they were going to put in wifi areas/hotspots it would probably be announced to the public rather than kept secret. Then again, who's going to be searching Google when they're dangling 205 feet in the air?

No one, but how many people would search Google while eating breakfast/lunch/dinner? or while standing in line for a ride? or while just relaxing somewhere? Not to say it's needed by any extent, but it would be a great addition at a very minimal cost compared to other additions we have seen as of late.

at least put it in the festhaus or outside coasters for those people that are the non-riders, and put up some subtle hashtag signs.

Reactions: Ludwig II
I thought I spied Cisco routers planted on the shop and guest relations buildings just outside the front gate. Could this be them trying to add wifi or for their own computer systems?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad