Login or Register to Hide This Ad

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
I find it odd that they are taking it down this way. I guess if it's all scrapped, it doesn't matter if it's bent up from the demo.

May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
I'm sure they'll use the claw once the pieces are all on the ground. I imagine they're trying to avoid renting a crane, so I'm sure it was cheaper to get a JLG that they most likely already had on site. Attach cable, make some small cuts, get out the way, and pull.
... I guess if it's all scrapped, it doesn't matter if it's bent up from the demo.
Tony Clarke had already mentioned that they didn't have any intention on selling. While the park was still open, guests noticed that certain mechanical parts were labeled with Dorney or Valley Fair.

Nov 30, 2018
I'm sure they'll use the claw once the pieces are all on the ground. I imagine they're trying to avoid renting a crane, so I'm sure it was cheaper to get a JLG that they most likely already had on site. Attach cable, make some small cuts, get out the way, and pull.

Tony Clarke had already mentioned that they didn't have any intention on selling. While the park was still open, guests noticed that certain mechanical parts were labeled with Dorney or Valley Fair.
Since Cedar Fair has a couple more of these rides it’s not unusual they would take off usable parts and then scrap the rest.

As far as selling it, I doubt there‘s much of a market for that type of ride considering the costs of disassembly and its power requirements. Even for a small park, the capital and operating cost of a lift powered ride is going to make more sense than trying to make this thing work.

Reactions: Coasternerd

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Cars will probably be used as parts donors to Valleyfair and Dorney as well. I imagine the delay of Dorney's GG and the removal of Wicked Twister gave Possessed a new lease on life for another couple of years before Dorney decides to get rid of it.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Login or Register to Hide This Ad