Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2009
Could this be what we've been waiting for? Rumors are now circulating that there will be a major announcement in early Spring of 2010. New coaster? New country? What do you think?

I have to say this:

Don't we hear this every year around this time? I'm doubtful. It looks more promising this year, but I don't think we will see an anouncment till fall 2010.

[Mods: If this has spelling/grammar problems, please fix them. I'm typing this on my iPod Touch]

Good typing job, Swiftman.

Well, with new owners, I'm sure over the break, they will discuss what to do with BGW. I believe it is the only non-full time park. They can spend more time working on what to do. I'm sure Blackstone/BGW staff have heard a lot from fans about what they need to do with the park. With the knowledge years ago that they would be closing BBW this year (and that they're already tearing down the entire area), I'd say that it's a good chance they already had something in the works, whether it's a new coaster (fingers crossed) or a new country... or both. If it's a new country, it will take a while to build, so it might be that the area will be closed off until it's finished.

So, with all that said, I'd say we're going to get something announced in the spring.

It is is the works, they always have something in the works. We just hear the same thing almost every year. I hope I'm wrong though...

An annoucement in Spring of 2010 is possible, however, if they announce anything in Spring 2010, I doubt we'll see anything open until 2011. This makes me believe they will wait until mid-season next year to make an announcement. I've also heard rumors of a two year project that will happen in 2011 and 2012, which makes me think it will be a country addition. Though, I have heard rumors they're going to build a bridge from the old Wolf area to the festhaus park (which I believe is well needed to alleviate crowds) for the concert series.

I don't have any speculations of when it will be announced, but I believe the next thing to open will be in 2011, because Busch usually has a year gap in between their openings.

If any of you can remember what they did with Ireland you will know what it takes to create a new area of the park(with a little imagination of course). When they changed England to Ireland they simply closed the country with the exception of a small central walkway. This renovation took quite a while and they already had many element ready to go. to build a new country they would have to do some terrain work, build paved areas, buildings, and most likely a large bridge(As many people contribute the failure of drachenfire and the area surrounding to the dead-end-ish qualities. Many people say that with out staples like Apollo and howl-o-scream mazes the same thing would plague Festa.). All of these things would be from scratch. I will also venture to say that if they build a new area that they will most likely put a few rides of one sort or another in the new area(maybe a coaster). This would explain why they would be giving the early announcement. Now they could just be building a mammoth coaster but I doubt this.

One way or another something big is coming.

one more thing is that they will most likely not open any thing until next year. They seem to be developing a pattern of addind something every other year. In recent years for example:05 DarKastle, 07 Griffon, 09 Sesame Street, 11 .......

I also agree that if anything is announced in Spring 2010 that it would be 2011 before we see anything. I foresee big fences with signs saying coming soon "a new attraction - 2011" in the future. I can only pray it is a coaster that reflects the spirit of the Wolf with a dip over the river and follows a similar theme, but alas, I am deluding myself. Sadly so.

A new country would take forever to build. Look how long the Harry Potter part of Universal is taking - holy cannoli! Anyway.... we shall see, but I am guessing the announcement is to be released more to enhance 2011 ticket sales.

If only it were Greece.... if only... ::sigh:: :-/

GO NORA! We need a Greece vs. Spain thread. TOGA TOGA TOGA!!!!!! lol.

What does spain have? oh thats right, more puffy shirts.

And don't forget - "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Attachments

• spanish_inquisition.jpg
    spanish_inquisition.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 5
But in comparison to Potter Land, look how long Sesame Street Forest of Fun took to build. Granted, it's not that big, but it went up quick and it opened on time.

I really hope any new section of the park is nothing like "Forest" of Fun. It's easy to build a section of the park when you just clear cut it and completely pave it over. I hope that they take their time and get a new section right, cause I think they missed the mark with FoF.

Sesame Street was fast because they did not take time to landscape and theme it. The largest eyesore in the park without question... the area around Griffin on is a close second. Whenever I pass Sesame Street all I can think of is some clinky little carnival with cheep rides and bozo clowns... in fact; every time I hear that horrid squeaky Elmo voice blasted around the whole park, I can never get that carnival stereotypical music out of my head... you know the one... "Dee.....dee.....dee.dee.do.da.dee....dee....dee.dee"

Had it been done to really reflect the quality of BGW; not to mention you would have to put it in the same scale of a huge area the size of say the Germany section; it would not be quick and easy. Ireland was semi-fast because they converted Hastings to Ireland, so the infrastructure was already there. But to create a NEW section, you have to talk about plumbing, electric, restrooms, food places, entertainment, rides, games, stores, walkways, etc... I recall how long it took to build Italy - back in the day. Besides, a whole new country would take a HUGE amount of capital. Something that has probably been exhausted with Christmas town this year.

If BGW does take the task of building Spain behind Germany, they would have to keep it small and build upon it in phases to make their money back faster. That way, part of the country could already be operational by 2011 while the rest is being built to open in 2012.

Still, I had hopes that the rather unflattering Festia Italia be converted to Greece; (like Ireland) the infrastructure is already in place plus a major coaster is already built. (Apollo's Chariot name need not be changed due to the fact in both Roman and Greek mythology, "Apollo" is the same name for the dame deity.) All BGW would have to do is expand behind Italy (they have plenty of room if the Clydes are gone and that "Grazing" area would no longer be needed... access to Greece could also be added through Italy making the flow of traffic better and the Rhine River cruise could have a dock as the water access is deep enough where the expansion could go.

Eventually, if Spain and Greece were to be built; another access bridge could be made like the San Marco bridge that ties those countries together and also help traffic as well as aiding in the spreading of people throughout the park...

Yet, this brings up another issue. PARKING! The park is in desperate need of more parking and another entrance to the park.

All of these things are money, money, money.

The executives at Busch have many options next year, and I am sure they will chose the most cost effective.

The rumor of BGW breaking even on Christmastown speaks highly of the park. Anytime you can make back the entire cost of production in such a short season means there are some smart business folks at the top.

Therefore... we shall see. There may just be a single coaster planned in the BBW location as now poor Germany (the center hub of the park) has no coaster to show off. Alpengeist, according to the 2009 Summer Map lists Alpengeist in New France and not Germany. Go Figure.
:s

Nora said:
Sesame Street was fast because they did not take time to landscape and theme it. The largest eyesore in the park without question... the area around Griffin on is a close second. Whenever I pass Sesame Street all I can think of is some clinky little carnival with cheep rides and bozo clowns... in fact; every time I hear that horrid squeaky Elmo voice blasted around the whole park, I can never get that carnival stereotypical music out of my head... you know the one... "Dee.....dee.....dee.dee.do.da.dee....dee....dee.dee"

Had it been done to really reflect the quality of BGW; not to mention you would have to put it in the same scale of a huge area the size of say the Germany section; it would not be quick and easy. Ireland was semi-fast because they converted Hastings to Ireland, so the infrastructure was already there. But to create a NEW section, you have to talk about plumbing, electric, restrooms, food places, entertainment, rides, games, stores, walkways, etc... I recall how long it took to build Italy - back in the day. Besides, a whole new country would take a HUGE amount of capital. Something that has probably been exhausted with Christmas town this year.

If BGW does take the task of building Spain behind Germany, they would have to keep it small and build upon it in phases to make their money back faster. That way, part of the country could already be operational by 2011 while the rest is being built to open in 2012.

Still, I had hopes that the rather unflattering Festia Italia be converted to Greece; (like Ireland) the infrastructure is already in place plus a major coaster is already built. (Apollo's Chariot name need not be changed due to the fact in both Roman and Greek mythology, "Apollo" is the same name for the dame deity.) All BGW would have to do is expand behind Italy (they have plenty of room if the Clydes are gone and that "Grazing" area would no longer be needed... access to Greece could also be added through Italy making the flow of traffic better and the Rhine River cruise could have a dock as the water access is deep enough where the expansion could go.

Eventually, if Spain and Greece were to be built; another access bridge could be made like the San Marco bridge that ties those countries together and also help traffic as well as aiding in the spreading of people throughout the park...

Yet, this brings up another issue. PARKING! The park is in desperate need of more parking and another entrance to the park.

All of these things are money, money, money.

The executives at Busch have many options next year, and I am sure they will chose the most cost effective.

The rumor of BGW breaking even on Christmastown speaks highly of the park. Anytime you can make back the entire cost of production in such a short season means there are some smart business folks at the top.

Therefore... we shall see. There may just be a single coaster planned in the BBW location as now poor Germany (the center hub of the park) has no coaster to show off. Alpengeist, according to the 2009 Summer Map lists Alpengeist in New France and not Germany. Go Figure.
:s

The alpine theme isn't very German.

Anybody got an idea why they are preserving the station? could be like drachen for hos, or who knows what. I dont think they can reuse it for new rides because there are several design elements that are obsolete (graded floor, two seat wide loading trough, and not to mention the only available support structure being an out dated overhead one).

Well I always thought that the design was more towards Switzerland since that is the connecting area between Germany and France with the high Alps and is the most famous area for skiing in the region. The name Alpengeist is technically German. I went to the Austrian/Italian border and spent weeks in an Austrian Hütte. It does evoke a more German/ Austrian or even Swiss decor verses French I assure you.

FurDozy, I have to say, when I read your line "drachen for hos" I had to do a double take and then I was "OOOOOOHHHHH Howl-O-Scream" :p My mind was most definitely in the gutter. :D

I have also tried to figure out what they may use the station for. My guess is that is the last bit they will remove after the park is closed due to aesthetic reasons.

Nora said:
I have also tried to figure out what they may use the station for. My guess is that is the last bit they will remove after the park is closed due to aesthetic reasons.

Hahah :) I'm sorry to be rude but i just have some inside stuff. Not trying to be a jerk at all. I just can't tell for job purposes. Just...they are keeping the station

No worries, I am not easily offended. Although you should be careful; it gets around fast when employees spill the beans and I know that BG will fire folks quick for breaching info.

buschan11 said:
Nora said:

Hahah :) I'm sorry to be rude but i just have some inside stuff. Not trying to be a jerk at all. I just can't tell for job purposes. Just...they are keeping the station

It's fine, I understand. You said they are keeping the station though...

Here's my idea:
Seeing that the terrain near BBW is very rough, it would be hard to put a country there. I could see the BBW station being used for future HOS houses and then the old Drachen Fire area used for the new country. The coaster could use most of the BBW area (just not the station area) and still have a drop over the Rhine. Here is a map of what I am thinking:

Attachments

• Busch Future.jpg
    Busch Future.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 21
Swiftman said:
buschan11 said:
Nora said:

It's fine, I understand. You said they are keeping the station though...

Here's my idea:
Seeing that the terrain near BBW is very rough, it would be hard to put a country there. I could see the BBW station being used for future HOS houses and then the old Drachen Fire area used for the new country. The coaster could use most of the BBW area (just not the station area) and still have a drop over the Rhine. Here is a map of what I am thinking:

Definitly seems doable. The only change I would make would be to add another train station as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad