Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Okay babies. If you could take the park back in time to any year to what year would you take it? Or in other words, what year was your favorite in the park's history and why? Pics or it didn't happen.

Reactions: Party Rocker
ChirpingCrickets_2985.png

*sigh* Story of my life.

I'm just not certain. I know it was in the early 2000's when Ireland was great and Le Mans was there along with Imaginique. Although I wish I could have experienced Threadneedle Faire.

Reactions: Merboy
Yes! The early 2000s were great! My sister and I were just wee things but we made a site for BGW and had a whole section on Ireland when it was coming out. The promotional pictures were so exciting and although I was sad WizardWorks was closing I was delighted to see it was essentially the same thing when the country opened but with a thatched roof! Good times, good times...

2005-ish for me. At that time I was finally old enough to appreciate the park, but I was young enough to still be awed by that "something new at every turn" feel. At this point, the park was, in my opinion, still in its prime; AB owned the park, Le Mans was still in existence, Big Bad Wolf was still alive. No financial issues, the theme was still 100 times better than what we have now. I think, up until 2006 (maybe even later; I still don't mind Griffon very much) the park really was in its prime; it had finally found its perfect niche, at least as far as I'm concerned.

At that time, the park was doing what it did best: combining world-class thrills with natural beauty, lore, and wonder, with the latter taking the lead. It was at this time that HOS was experiencing its best years, Killarney was open and in full swing, and we had two truly awe-inspiring B&M legends gracing new areas of the park. I typically don't look at parks from a rides standpoint alone, but at this point I think the park had the perfect balance of rides and atmosphere. You could go to the park, ride a ride, play with dragons in a treehouse, do the Chicken Dance with a German dancer, eat one of those magical big pickles, or just sit and take it all in. Nowadays I bet almost everyone outside of this site goes to BGW with riding rides as their main reason.

So, I would take BGW back to where it was in 2005 because that's where my memories of the /perfect/ park are.

Joe said:
2005-ish for me. At that time I was finally old enough to appreciate the park, but I was young enough to still be awed by that "something new at every turn" feel. At this point, the park was, in my opinion, still in its prime; AB owned the park, Le Mans was still in existence, Big Bad Wolf was still alive. No financial issues, the theme was still 100 times better than what we have now. I think, up until 2006 (maybe even later; I still don't mind Griffon very much) the park really was in its prime; it had finally found its perfect niche, at least as far as I'm concerned.

At that time, the park was doing what it did best: combining world-class thrills with natural beauty, lore, and wonder, with the latter taking the lead. It was at this time that HOS was experiencing its best years, Killarney was open and in full swing, and we had two truly awe-inspiring B&M legends gracing new areas of the park. I typically don't look at parks from a rides standpoint alone, but at this point I think the park had the perfect balance of rides and atmosphere. You could go to the park, ride a ride, play with dragons in a treehouse, do the Chicken Dance with a German dancer, eat one of those magical big pickles, or just sit and take it all in. Nowadays I bet almost everyone outside of this site goes to BGW with riding rides as their main reason.

So, I would take BGW back to where it was in 2005 because that's where my memories of the /perfect/ park are.

I vote that you should be the official ambassador of BGW from now on. That was inspirational! That's about the time I also was old enough to start really enjoying the park too and I *loved* HoS at that time!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad