Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Merboy

Resident Sea Monster
Oct 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
(I'm sorry, I don't know where else to put this. I tried to make a new thread in the general Eateries forum but it seemed to not take. If this can be moved, by all means point the way!)

Since the whole park has woefully made the decision to remove Sweet Tea Vodka I just wanted to ask if there will be any place selling adult beverages other than beer and wine? I know there are seasonal/holiday things such as for Howl-o-Scream but wasn't Grogan's selling daiquiris last year? At least in the spring? Is there *any* vodka at the park anymore?

Nicole said:
Is there hard alcohol on the Bier Room menu?  I only recall beer and cider.

No, really? I was merely pointing out that they were pretty much out of luck with trying to get drunk off vodka or the sweet tea vodka they miss. So I made a joke about the new beer room. Didn't realize this wasn't a site to make jokes on.

The best way to get drunk, from my experience, was the liquor tasting they did at Bierfest 2015.

... or Shane's house at Mardi Gras...

Reactions: Merboy
Zachary said:
Whoa now... No need to get all up in arms over a misunderstanding... They happen to the best of us.

Very true, sorry I took it personally guys, I guess I read it wrong or didn't get the sentence tone/context at first, apologies to Nicole and all.

Merboy said:
Since the whole park has woefully made the decision to remove Sweet Tea Vodka I just wanted to ask if there will be any place selling adult beverages other than beer and wine? I know there are seasonal/holiday things such as for Howl-o-Scream but wasn't Grogan's selling daiquiris last year? At least in the spring? Is there *any* vodka at the park anymore?

Seems to me that a plastic flask (and some inconspicuous ingenuity) can make any standard BGW beverage that much better!

UncleDuncan said:
Seems to me that a plastic flask (and some inconspicuous ingenuity) can make any standard BGW beverage that much better!

I hasten to interject that my intention isn't to get plastered in a theme park but you're right, that does seem like the best option! Of course one does do well to "lay the groundwork" prior to arriving if one seeks a fun buzz.

But srsly, again, I don't want to give the impression that I'm a lush lol. Just looking for some grown-up drink options.

Shane said:
The stand outside Der Marketplatz directly across from DarKastle sells Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris and Frozen Margaritas. I confirmed they are still making them on Pass Member Preview Day.

latest

I'm not a Sweet Tea Vodka fan, as I don't actually like Sweet Tea, but I really miss the Jose Courvo Margaritas that used to be on tap during Illuminights. Those were my favorite.

Reactions: Merboy
I looked on the menu for that stand (because no one was working there) a few weeks ago when I last went and didn't see anything about margaritas. I will have to look more carefully again when I go back.

Didn't know where else to put this question and this thread made sense so here it goes.

I'm turning 21 on Thursday and going to the park Saturday to at last taste the beers in the Festhaus craft room but I have one small problem my ID is expired. I'm getting it renewed on Friday but it takes two weeks to get here (mail service) and since my old ID has my birth date on it would that be alright to still use ?

MAZ said:
Expired or not, it still proves how old you are. They should still honor the identification.

According to VA ABC Laws An expired Drivers License or State Issued ID is NOT A valid form of ID.

Now whether BG enforces this rule is hit or miss.

Where I have my night job that rhymes with "Wheetz" we can't and don't honor expired id's because were supposed to not accept them. If we scan them in the POS it kicks them out as rejected automatically.

Just A heads up if they scan id's you might be out of luck.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad