Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 5, 2014
So with Pantheon opening in less than a month, a new coaster going in DK and the unknown status of Drachen Spire…. What do you think is going to be the next attraction? I’m curious if after next year , if they won’t sit back for a while before bringing in something new. As excited as I was for Drachen Spire and that seeming to be in limbo… I must say that the need for a indoor rollercoaster takes precedence especially if the park is open year round - is definitely a must do! I just wonder what will be next. Two things I have considered is that I highly doubt a huge project like DS would be on the table and several of the flats are starting to show their age. Other than the two excellent spots Zachary pointed out in other threads. I can’t think of anywhere else a new one would go unless they replaced something.

Dec 7, 2021
So with Pantheon opening in less than a month, a new coaster going in DK and the unknown status of Drachen Spire…. What do you think is going to be the next attraction? I’m curious if after next year , if they won’t sit back for a while before bringing in something new. As excited as I was for Drachen Spire and that seeming to be in limbo… I must say that the need for a indoor rollercoaster takes precedence especially if the park is open year round - is definitely a must do! I just wonder what will be next. Two things I have considered is that I highly doubt a huge project like DS would be on the table and several of the flats are starting to show their age. Other than the two excellent spots Zachary pointed out in other threads. I can’t think of anywhere else a new one would go unless they replaced something.
If they wanted to put a smaller flat in- they could move catapult back into Castle O Sullivan, give it a revamp to feature like Irish dancing music that can be synced to the ride with Irish green gold and orange colored lights on it there, and then that frees up the current plot of land Catapult sits on. By doing so they could get a Zamperla flat there, maybe an Endeavor or NebulaZ. If Drachen spire ends up becoming a thing they could use the rest of that field for a flat ride expansion.

Reactions: cb0355

Ryan

Resident of Mad King Ludwig's Castle
Feb 8, 2018
North Carolina
With the fairly uncertain future of Battle for Eire, I really hope for a new dark ride. As a concept, I loved BfE; barring the whole VR/Ride vehicle aspect that is traditional to the space it was put in. If I were to get what is ideal for me, I'd hope for a dark ride that made use of physical sets, and I also wouldn't mind if they reused some of the technology from DK. Is this basically just saying I want DK back? Yea... but still, it's been a problem that's been highlighted before that BGW currently is lacking in any indoor/dark rides and something like this could be a solution to that. As far as location goes, I don't have any ideas in particular, as DK will be occupied by the DarKoaster. If BfE is eventually gutted, I can see the potential in the show building that it currently takes up, although I doubt Busch would be fine with throwing away the ride mechanics that have been used in that building, even if it has been there since Questor. If not this, I'd hope they'd just focus more on really retaining a classic feel to Busch, rather than having the current atmosphere that is there now.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Jun 5, 2014
I’m sure that after Darkoaster next year… the next attraction will be a replacement for Battle. If opening in colder weather is the long term projection… then more indoor and climate controlled experiences are going to be on the table.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad