Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Pretzel Kaiser said:
Pretzels shops in each hamlet.

Regardless of whether or not this happens, all non-Pretzel Shop pretzels should be banned. Selling and/or eating one should be grounds for immediate dismissal from the park.

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
Zachary said:
Pretzel Kaiser said:
Pretzels shops in each hamlet.

Regardless of whether or not this happens, all non-Pretzel Shop pretzels should be banned. Selling and/or eating one should be grounds for immediate dismissal from the park.

Amen. Preach on, brother Zach. LOL

I think what I'm trying to say is that the culinary homogenization that has occurred between every last hamlet, including Trappers & Festhaus (with the baby back ribs) is deplorable.

There needs to be at least one or two dishes MINIMUM that are unique to each hamlet. How long before they start selling corned beef sammiches in Italy also? As it stands, Italy is the only hamlet that has it's own type of food. The others are constantly recirculating different menu items that are interchangeable....(With the pork loin & stew in Ireland being the lone exception) And once again, the lack of ANY French dish of ANY kind in France is an absolute disgrace to the hamlet itself. I understand they tried w/Bistro 205, but come on....Let's call a spade a spade. They merely imported the best dishes from Italy, Ireland & Germany & threw them all together in one setting. Hardly what I would classify as a unique dining facility like Festhaus & Italy.

Thoughts?

I remember way back when this site first started, Chris and I were discussing a real sit down restaurant with more authentic cuisines from around the world. He had a great idea that it should be located near the Rhine and overlook the area (behind Alpengeist and near the boats as to have a panoramic view of the park). That would be amazing.

If I didn't have a gluten allergy; I would adore Spätzle in Germany and Grüner Salat.

Of course, not that Austria is a part of Busch Gardens- but there was this one dish I had there that is like a slice of heaven. It is called: Germknödel. I never type this; but I'll make an exception this one time: OMG! It is amazing! If you do not believe me- check it out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germkn%C3%B6del It has to have over 1,000 calories... but everyone should eat this at least once in their life.

I would completely put myself into a gluten coma in order to have this dish again.

I would actually like to see some seafood in the park. I know the risk of having shellfish and folks with allergies, but still. Fish and chips do not count by the way. I want good- non-breaded options!

Here is my breakdown of foods I would like to see or feel fit the area already:

England

~ Fish N' Chips
~ Tea
~ More seafood
~ Meat Pies ;)

Scotland

I am perfectly find with one small generic theme park snack stand.

Ireland

~ Soups & Stews
~ Giant Baked Potatoes
~ Potato related entrees
~ A more extensive pub menu for food items besides typical bar appetizers

France

~ Crepe stand (similar to Cotton Candy stand in England but for crepes)
~ Conversion of Cafe Lulu to feature real French cafe menu items with addition cafe seating near the entrance/exits points.
~ Addition of a full-service, reservation required restaurant featuring high class French cuisine in either a very ornate dinning room or add a roof over the patio with a lot of vines and plants as well as fans.
~ Creme brûlée
~ The addition of a French patisserie.

New France

~ Keep doing what their doing.

Rhinefeld & Oktoberfest

~ Keep doing what their doing as well as . . .
~ . . . add Schnitzel to the menu!

San Marco

~ Add Lasagna

Festa Italia

~ Doing fairly well as is.

All in all, I think the park has struck lightning with what they have now; but they completely lack some major components here and there which would make park dining spot on in general instead of having spot on dining at one location and really crappy dining at another.

I merely listed what I thought was most appropriate for each area, whether it already exists or not. Also, I did add any other culinary changes that I would make as far as locations that offer a general scope of a type of food rather than list the specific foods each location offers.

Reactions: IndyRacingNut
IndyRacingNut said:
Oh my God...I completely missed one. POUTINE!! Hey, if they're gonna stick Canada in there, just add Poutine to the menu! Ought to be easier than a $5 hooker to do this! They already sell french fries everywhere....Just add cheese curds and gravy on top of the fries! Or for the uninitiated, just add melted cheese sauce on top of them! Guaranteed money with that idea!!

Damn, I'm good. BGW should hire me right now. I'll make the bean counters happier...

While we're on the Canada subject, just throw in a Tim Horton's!!!

NO love for Scottish cuisine? How about Tablet(an awesome dessert), fish fingers (with or without custard, your choice)?

I think most forum members aren't too crazy about Scottish food. I think it is very intimidating especially with the GP which would not be very helpful for sales.

Reactions: chickenking
I just wish they had G-free pretzels. I know there are companies that make them. Just get a microwave and heat them up separate. I miss salty golden pretzels. :(

Nora said:
I just wish they had G-free pretzels. I know there are companies that make them. Just get a microwave and heat them up separate. I miss salty golden pretzels. :(

But making things fresh is the BGW way of life :p I do feel sorry you can't partake in the pretzel goodness. If only the park could make their own gluten free pretzels. I'm sure they would taste just as spectacular.

Reactions: Nora
Party Rocker said:
I think most forum members aren't too crazy about Scottish food. I think it is very intimidating especially with the GP which would not be very helpful for sales.

Just wait until everyone tries the scotch eggs at the F&W Festival.

Reactions: chickenking
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad