Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
Here's one my family and I go back and forth on:

If you worked at the park and could have any job you wanted, what would it be and why? (Qualifier: Has to be IN the park. Hands on. No front office, or IT stuff.)

shb5007 said:
Train conductor!!!
because I can grow a pretty sweet beard and I think all train conductors should have one.

Or Apollo's Chariot operator because I would love to have a chance to put some freaking energy into that station. Actually the last time I was there it wasn't as bad as usual. Last year it was always that same sad looking girl yawning, "Are you ready to riiiiiide?" I could only really handle it if I was allowed to spiel (and ad lib) live.

Reactions: Luke
On these hot summer days I would work either the Dark Castle control booth or as the projectionist at Globe.

I've done the ride op thing, still pretty disgusted with the park GP. No way I would work there again.

doctormoneymd said:
I think I'd want to run the Rhine boats. Just cause it's "Captain."

After kicking this around for a long time, I think that's the one I settled on too ;) I'd want something easy, that's not too hot, where I also don't stay in one place.

(I used the think train conductor, but those guys told me that job is incredibly hot.)

I'm going with the Rhine River Cruise boats as well. I've never seen a single obnoxious guest on them and everyone else working them is always extremely friendly. Also, if you're part of the crew, you can fish in the Rhine River anytime the park is closed. They say there's some pretty great fishing in there too.

Reactions: Youhow2
Does front office cover Scott Gasparich or Phil Rayborn? Cause I want their jobs. If I can't choose them, I wanta be the guy who wears all black and strolls around Banbury Cross during Howl-O-Scream.

-Sky

I would be:

1.Ride Mechanic (Lifes Dream)
2.Train Engineer
3.Lighting Tech
4.Animal Trainer

I'd take my old job at Roman Rapids. People don't realize how great that ride is to work at.

Swiftman said:
^ Really? Even standing in the hot sun all day?

Well all the positions rotate so you are only in the sun if you are on platform. Otherwise you can be in the shade at the towers, grouper, and entrance, and the AC when at controls. But the amount of stories that I have from working at that ride are endless and you get a ton of time to talk to people there and meet some fascinating individuals. I spent two years there and wish I could go back. My current job working for my dad makes it impossible.

Ride mechanic for any ride. I love to see how things work. I was a mechanic in the Navy and now a merchant marine working in engine rooms. Basically everything I do at work is the same: working on pumps, hydraulic systems and gearboxes etc...

Reactions: Owls R A Hoot
Playing in the band on the old Festhouse rising stage was something I always wanted to do. Security or loss prevention just because you get to act like a guest all day watching over things. Tram drivers sound like they enjoy their jobs. They really have the most control of their 'ride'. My last day would be a low speed chase down rt 60 ending at McDonald's, Kenwa's treat.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad