Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I've been thinking lately, that when I became of BGWfans over a year ago that it seemed like the park was going into its golden age. Looking back on things like the brewery thread, the resort thread, and the 2014 coaster rumor.

What happened to everything over the past 6 months? The resort seems like it's been scrapped, the brewery will not close, and their may not be Anything new for 2014, and certainly not a coaster. During all of these rumors, BGW was still owned by Blackstone. Now, we have a brand new coaster for 2012, and that may be it for quite a while. We even have resorted to shutting down a simulator because BGW just can't afford to run it. I remember when there was talk about turning BGW into a Universal level park.But now we're not even sure if it's gonna remain open......

Well, thats it from me :-/

From what's been said, it sounds like EitA was closed to make the park appear to have more money to increase sales appeal. That being said, if they have to go that far to sell the park, it certainly doesn't mean the resort will be coming anytime soon and the brewery will remain open, all as a result of the IPO. Blackstone treated Busch as if they are money printers, and that's had a huge negative impact on the park that really pisses me off. They will stay open for the next few years, but I have no idea what will happen in the long run. Either way, Blackstone has fucked the parks over.

Well anything that would ever happen with the Brewery is all hinged on whether AB would close it, which was all speculation to begin with. I am still hearing that factory isn't doing all that well, but I guess it is doing well enough for In-Bev to continue to operate it.

Plans were made, money was taken and things happened. Their goal is still to be a tourist point with a resort, it's just been put on hold.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad