What are you listening to?

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Zimmy

Nessie thinks it is not polite to ask her age!
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
This is far less PC then I recall...

I think we should all check out the Sandbar...

I know way to many of these people... Wait... could this be applied to the entirety of GenZ?

So yeah... given the progress made in the past decade or so... Still funny.

Well they did have some rad music!

Its hard for indie bands...

Zimmy

Nessie thinks it is not polite to ask her age!
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
RIP Keith Flint

So Keith Flint of Prodigy took his own life over the weekend.

When I was in college and high school Prodigy was really becoming a thing in the rave scene. Like Moby and others in the early days of techno and rave they really changed music. It was dance music that was not bubble gum pop or made up of 4 or 5 badly dressed guys.
I can not say that I am shocked that he took his own life, but I am surprised that it happened in his 40s. His music was dark and I guess I always assumed his music was a reflection of his mental state. At any rate, I will be listening to them a lot this week.

First some appropriate album art

Poison is, for whatever reason my favorite track they ever cut.

Breath was one of the first tracks to really bring them into the pop culture in the US.

I remember when this album dropped, my room mate BJ at SU nearly lost his mind. This is the first cut that he sampled for his radio show.

Voodoo People was probably the first track that REALLY stuck with me.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2013

I did this interview a few weeks ago on the radio and didn't know they publish the audio online. So, if anyone wants to hear my ramble on about Reggae, growing up in San Diego, and wearing 60s clothes to concerts, boy are you in for a... moderately entertaining time?

Login or Register to Hide This Ad