Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
You go to the park one day and can only do: 1 ride, 1 show, 1 meal. What are they? Mine:

1) Darkastle
2) Celtic Fyre
3) Grogan's sampler

(P.S. I did regular season, but if you want to do HOS or CT that's cool, but please don't crossover seasons.)

1) Apollo's Chariot
2) Complex answer:
-Now, including special shows: Illuminights (if I have to narrow that down, the show in Da Vinci's Garden)
-Now, excluding special shows: ...pffff...uuuuhhhh...brbrbrbrbr...pass
-In the past, including special shows: Imaginique
-In the past, exclusing special shows: Secrets of Castle O'Sullivan
3) Sampler at Ristorante della Piazza

Haberdasher1973 said:
I almost passed on the show as well, until I was reminded of the last bastion of edutainment thanks to PzP.

I enjoy that show. But I don't think I've ever seen it where it hasn't been insufferably hot. The sun just blazes over that area most of the day. One of the reasons I picked CF. I usually sit toward the back in an empty area and enjoy the AC. Plus, they sell beer about 50 feet away. :cool:

Reactions: Haberdasher1973
Shafor said:
I enjoy that show. But I don't think I've ever seen it where it hasn't been insufferably hot. The sun just blazes over that area most of the day.

PzP said:
Trust me, if there's one thing I want at the park that I think can appeal to everybody, it's more animals.

I couldn't agree more with these quotes. More animals, but also more shade, please.

PzP said:
Trust me, if there's one thing I want at the park that I think can appeal to everybody, it's more animals.

When I was there on Friday, I spoke with someone from the zoology department for a long time. They are making an effort to increase the animal imprint around the park.

He pointed out that BGW is the only park in the chain where animals are not the primary attraction. Since the animals are costly and you can't really quantify how much of an impact that have on the guest experience, adding animal attractions are a hard sell to management.

He said the best thing you can do if you want to see more animals is to send emails and make sure you rank them very high on exit surveys if you do them.

Also, at around noon I was near the Festhaus and they had a bird handler on the balcony out front who was launching (not sure of the term?) a brightly colored bird back and forth from the balcony to a handler on the ground next to the maypole. I had never seen that before. It was neat. Everyone that walked by stopped and watched.

(Sorry to get so far off topic on my own thread :blush:)

I said "can". :p What I meant was that animals don't have a specific target audience. A great animal show can also impress the viewer simply with the tricks. I would have said Pet Shenanigans for the bird who does math (this is not a trick, some animals including birds and cuttlefish can do math) and the fact that they use rescue animals, but it is a bit cutesy.

Shafor: I have been meaning to send them an email about the animals...

Reactions: Haberdasher1973
Shafor said:
He pointed out that BGW is the only park in the chain where animals are not the primary attraction. Since the animals are costly and you can't really quantify how much of an impact that have on the guest experience, adding animal attractions are a hard sell to management.

He said the best thing you can do if you want to see more animals is to send emails and make sure you rank them very high on exit surveys if you do them.

Naturally the other parks have more in the way of animals, as these parks were animal-focused before the rides were added. BGT, though, has become VERY well-rounded, and SWO is on their way their, too...

That having been said, I think the pet-trick shows are fun for families, but my interest lies more in the "meet the keepers" type shows that are more educational.

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
1.) Griffon (you can agree with me here, right, Swift? ;) )
2.) Celtic Fyre
3.) Das Festhaus roasted chicken

Ride: Apollo's Chariot
Show: Celtic Fyre
Meal: Sausage sampler with German potato salad and hash brown casserole.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad