Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2009
I was beside Griffon today and noticed that there was a locked wifi network named, "LiveStream", my first thought was that it was for a webcam coming to Griffon. What do you guys think? Would you keep a window open with a live webcam from Griffon on at all times like me? Where would you want a webcam to be placed (top of the station, top of Bistro 205, top of Griffon, etc.)?

Chris said:
I was beside Griffon today and noticed that there was a locked wifi network named, "LiveStream", my first thought was that it was for a webcam coming to Griffon. What do you guys think? Would you keep a window open with a live webcam from Griffon on at all times like me? Where would you want a webcam to be placed (top of the station, top of Bistro 205, top of Griffon, etc.)?

Top of the big drop, dude, so we can see everyone's face! Or else in the station itself, because people standing in line for a roller coaster have the oddest habits. Speaking of which, Imma start a thread about lines...

I think its an awesome thing! I cant wait. I might be going today and i will try to look out for the sign. I'm the biggest fan of BGE the world could ever know!!!!! I really really ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEIR COASTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :D :cool: :p :angel: :blush: :sleepy: :) :exclamation: ;) :rolleyes: :shy:

Chris, you know I am so super stoked over this. I can't wait to see it at the park; it's going to make me feel really happy about the outcome; or perhaps a bit proud... I suppose both.

It will be great fun to log in to the cam from home and see our favorite park.

Merboy said:
Wait is this part of the Project you're working on?

Nope, the cam is just from the park. I'm expecting to see a growing number of cams as time goes on.

I think that this network is for the surveillance cams at the block sections and stuff. I remember it being there before(my friend had an I-pod).

Fur Dozy said:
I think that this network is for the surveillance cams at the block sections and stuff. I remember it being there before(my friend had an I-pod).

I'll just say that I'd be willing to bet that we can expect an announcement from the park about a webcam soon.

While I was waiting for Celtic Fyre to start today, I started talking to a worker there who was talking pictures of the show. He saw my BGWFans shirt and asked me if I was a member of the site. I said yes and then he said something along the lines of: you are the ones who hijacked our Griffon cam, to which I responded yes with a hint of sarcasm. (Chris- He didn't seem to mind, I actually think that he thought that it was funny.) Anyway, he said that he and a few others where responsible for it (the Griffon cam). I commented on how great of a location it was to which he said that he agreed and that they where lucky to get that position for the camera. The interesting thing is that he also said that we should enjoy the view while it lasts because it will be moving pretty soon. Crossing my fingers for Apollo. By the way, this confirms that they are watching us and this site, which is very good news.

BGElover757 said:
I think its an awesome thing! I cant wait. I might be going today and i will try to look out for the sign. I'm the biggest fan of BGE the world could ever know!!!!! I really really ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEIR COASTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :D :cool: :p :angel: :blush: :sleepy: :) :exclamation: ;) :rolleyes: :shy:

i dont know i might be the biggest fan i will spend hours researching the park on the web and looking for some secrets about busch gardens that the usual visitor would never compreind i might only be a minor but ive already done a a interveiw with a park mechanic. and have been working so i can become a ride mechainc for busch its my life dream.:D

LoveDoc143 said:
Dream big, Balak! Follow your heart and you'll end up where you want to be!

Or at least dream about dreaming which is sometimes just as good! ;)

Sorrry I had to...

b4a59d36243b8dba180ae984b2d127a7_6646567.jpg

This thread is pretty much dead/irrelevant already, so I'll allow the meme this time.

LoveDoc143 said:
I'd just say make it a bit smaller - that thing is huge on this forum!

Sorry, my browser is zoomed WAY out and I have a tendency to forget that. So was there actually a webcam for viewing or as Nora said, a "hijacked" one?

During the Spring and early Summer, there was a webcam attached to the top of Griffon (at the 90 degree drop) focusing down on the drop itself and the boomerang back. The webcam was later moved to the Festhaus Park stage where it resided for one (maybe two?) concerts before technical difficulties caused the temporary project to end itself. There are plans to have it back during future events like last year's Christmas Town, but that's a bit away still to be thinking about. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad