Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 27, 2009
Ok, so my friend and I are heading up to BG on the 18th of August, and I was wondering if certain rides are open during rain. I don't know what the weather is going to be like when we get there, but I just wanna know ahead of time lol.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Rain: Most everything stays open. (Unless you like the feeling of glass being belted at your face, avoid coasters in rain.) ;)
Thunderstorms: Coasters close, most flats close, all indoor attractions stay open.

Nov 27, 2009
Cool, thanks guys. And I don't mind riding coasters in the rain at all. I've had my fair share of riding coasters in the rain before haha.

Jun 22, 2010
On the Roller Coaster Insider Tour they said if it is pouring rain they will close the coasters.

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
The only think that closes most often is the Skyride. BGW has their own weather station and each coaster has a limit to what it takes to close it. Mostly, if lightening is recorded within a ten mile radius, the coasters are shut down. The park makes an announcement when all the rides are closed and when they are reopened. But most summer storms are quick and it is great to take that opportunity to hang out indoors and enjoy a drink.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad