Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Ice

Coffee is for Closers
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
DC Area
Thought a place to discuss the general food of the property and not necessarily anything specific could be nice. Over my week on property, something became very clear very quickly. There is absolutely no reason to eat at any table service restaurant that isn't in Epcot unless you need a character dinner or something.

Of course I'm exaggerating, but the food quality, service quality, and atmosphere in the Epcot restaurants in our experience was far superior to any other table service we attended. Major props to those CMs and their dedication to excellence.

Epcot does have sone great options, but there are also some that are amazing outside of the parks as well. It also can vary from day to day at any location. I’ve had a lackluster meal somewhere but then another day it was amazing.

Reactions: Nicole
Epcot has great food, yes, but I totally disagree that it has the best food on property.

Skipper's at Magic Kingdom and Tiffin's at Animal Kingdom are both better than most of the Epcot restaurants in my opinion. The best food I've had at Disney has consistently been at Disney Springs and the Disney resorts though. Animal Kingdom Lodge has the ultimate trifecta of sit down dining at Disney with Jiko, Boma, and Sanaa all being legitimately top tier. I've had fantastic experiences at other resort spots too though (Topolino's—brunch, dinner was underwhelming—most recently). And then over in Disney Springs, it's just a smorgasbord of excellent options (Morimoto, Homecomings, and, (for the atmosphere after dark) The Edison all spring to mind.

Topolino's and Ale & Compass have my favorite brunches. I love tea at the Grand Floridian. The Edison in the evening is a cool experience. I agree with @Zachary about AKL, Tiffins, and Skippers. I'd add Tusker House, as well. Of course there are several great restaurants at Epcot, as well.

Reactions: DECoasteyGuy
Epcot is far from the only good place to eat. I have had great experiences at restaurants there, but all other parks have at least one top tier dining option. 50s prime time at HS, Tusker House at AK, and Skippers at MK all come to mind, as well as a lot of places in Disney springs

There are plenty of good places to eat outside of Epcot. My two favorite places to eat are the Grand Floridian Cafe and Ohana personally. However I do find that Epcot consistently produces good food. I think all the restaurants there are really good and you can't go wrong eating there. So while it might not have the best restaurant, you can't go wrong just picking an Epcot restaurant for a meal.

Skipper's at Magic Kingdom and Tiffin's at Animal Kingdom are both better than most of the Epcot restaurants in my opinion.

Skippers has gone down hill and it was awful the last time I went. I ordered the "Taste Like Chicken Because It Is" and the bed of rice it sits on was so overcooked that it was basically a congee. The chicken itself was also bland. Tiffins at DAK is great but I'd rather just eat at Satu'li Canteen which is my favorite quick service amongst all of the parks there.

• Sad
Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
I adore Satu'li. Loved everything I tried there.

Yes the food is awesome but I also love how it's semi-table service as they have CMs to assist you in the dining area where you don't even have to clean up after yourself when you're done with your meals. They'll even get you utensils if you need them.

Reactions: Nicole
Tusker House provided my daughter with food poisoning on the last night of a ten night vacation. I didn’t feel good, wife didn’t feel good, but our daughter was pretty much tore inside out. Throwing up every half hour all night. In her sleep at some points. middle of the night call to housekeeping for replacement linens included. The drive home the next day had none of the fun things as planned, which included an overnight stop in Charleston SC. To this day, when any one of us has bad gas, we refer to it as the ‘Tusker Toots’. Most of the other restaurants were great experiences though. Especially 1900 park fare at Grand Floridian. We will have to try some of the offerings at Disney springs next time.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad