Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I've been to WCUSA a hell of a lot of times since 2006 and each and every visit Jet Scream gets a line right at 11:30 am and it doesn't get any shorter. I've seen waits upwards of 45 minutes more than 50% of the time, same with Malibu Pipeline.

If anything is going it's Rock n' Roll Island.

Rock n' Roll Island used to be Adventure Island, considering they renovated it back in lik 2007, 2009? I can't imagine it leaving anytime too soon. I honestly think back where Wild Thang is, they would start there. That area is pretty much a dead end and could use some love. You could fit in four attractions easily there and create a new hamlet or area.

wcusa-expansion-map-watermarked.png

official-wcusa-expansion-map-watermarked.png

Red is Phase 1 expansion which highlights Rock n' Roll Island while the area behind Wild Thang is phases 4 + 5. Rock n' Roll Island is in way more danger than Wild Thang is at the moment.

B.Mac said:
Red is Phase 1 expansion which highlights Rock n' Roll Island while the area behind Wild Thang is phases 4 + 5. Rock n' Roll Island is in way more danger than Wild Thang is at the moment.

I can see RnRI getting overhauled bigtime while keeping the new slides (only new thing that went there AND easily moved at that). RnR Island is a horribly designed corner that bottlenecks and lacks. That river needs to go and get one like Aquatica, TL, or BB.

Atlantis said:
B.Mac said:

I can see RnRI getting overhauled bigtime while keeping the new slides (only new thing that went there AND easily moved at that). RnR Island is a horribly designed corner that bottlenecks and lacks. That river needs to go and get one like Aquatica, TL, or BB.

Another thing about the river is how poorly named it is. It is called the "Rambling River". However, Dictionary defines rambling as:
"Spread out irregularly in various directions".
When clearly it has a set path that goes in a relatively normal circle.
Something else I noticed is that on WCUSA's park map, the river is depicted almost as a rapids ride when the website clearly states that it "travels at a slow pace perfect for lounging.
These may be nit picky issues that are misleading, but misleading issues they are nonetheless.

I think so, but in the way that Verbolten was first announced. Extremely vague but enough to generate buzz.

Reactions: Ben
images

I'm thinking this "huge expansion" will expand the park in the forests behind Nitro Racer and Hubba Bubba so it isn't such a bottle neck. I'm also thinking maybe expanding behind Rampage, and maybe a redo Of rock n roll Island to make it not so kiddy and boring.

B.Mac said:
wcusa-expansion-map-watermarked.png

official-wcusa-expansion-map-watermarked.png

Orange and Pink are nothing important to the expansion, they're just the employee parking and general parking (which needs to be overhauled something bad).

The idea of a Caribbean colony theme is perfect. It connects to BGW as well as the surrounding area. The current theme does not fit in with any of the other SP&E parks. It seems horribly out of place. In addition the whole "beach boys" era theme just does not connect with younger people and will continue to diminish as the years go on. This expansion is the perfect time to reboot the park.

If they rebranded the park it would generate an incredible amount of buzz, and not just locally. Couple that with expansion and business would boom.

I think the Caribbean theme would look really nice and add considerable interest. Also add some more animals. SP&E are know for animals. With the new theme they could bring in some Caribbean flamingos which would be great. Plus they have plenty to spare.

Reactions: b.mac and Natoma
I am 100% sold. Sign me up. Now, excuse me while I go read up on the Caribbean colonial period.

I think if they did retheme the park like this it would make the park a premier attraction. i would like to see them break the park up into sections like Busch's hamlets. Each one would be named for a different Caribbean island. For example the terrible looking main plaza and surrounding area could be Port Royal, Jamaica. Each section would then look slightly different but the park would look well coordinated. The other cool thing about this is you could really make the connection with the European theme of BGW. France and Martinique, England and Jamaica, and maybe someday Spain and Puerto Rico. There are others of course too, but this would allow you to really market the parks together and they would actually FIT together! With all the islands in the Caribbean lots of expansion ideas too!

I know people will say we are not tropical enough to do Caribbean, but it is not all tropical. Some parts are even quite arid.

Water country has a great layout and infrastructure, so this would really all be cosmetic.

Reactions: b.mac and Natoma
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad