Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Original Post:
This might sound ridiculous, but do you think the park would ever close WCUSA and decide to build another theme park there? i personally do not know which makes more money(water parks or theme parks) i think it would be interesting. i think most ppl enjoy BGW more than WCUSA so i think it would be relatively popular

Topic Change:
Does WCUSA need a complete retheme/renovation? I think so. The current theme is barely noticeable. Apparently there is a huge expansion planned. Will this be a completely different park in 10 years? I think it's likely.

RE: Close the Park

smitty915 said:
this might sound ridiculous, but do you think the park would ever cose wcusa and decide to build another theme park there? i personally do not know which makes more money(water parks or theme parks) i think it would be intersting. i think most ppl enjoy bgw more than wcusa so i think it would be relatively popular

no.

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser

I'd like to see a temporary shut down for a complete retheme. I'm thinking that, in keeping with the whole Old Europe vibe, they do it up like a Caribbean European colony from the 17th/18th century....like the time period in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. You've got the tropical, you've got the European, it ties in with Colonial Williamsburg, it ties in with Busch Gardens. Can't miss.

Also, I'd like to see a monorail connecting the parks if we're getting a retheme shut down.

Cool Doctor Money said:
I'd like to see a temporary shut down for a complete retheme. I'm thinking that, in keeping with the whole Old Europe vibe, they do it up like a Caribbean European colony from the 17th/18th century....like the time period in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. You've got the tropical, you've got the European, it ties in with Colonial Williamsburg, it ties in with Busch Gardens. Can't miss.

Also, I'd like to see a monorail connecting the parks if we're getting a retheme shut down.

The 50s/60s theme got thrown out the window years ago and not many of the rides have a huge tie to the park's theme, the only problem is literally every building in the park would need some sort of repainting or image overhaul inside and out. I've seen Six Flags redo all their buildings in a park in less time so it's definitely feasible if they're willing to invest in it. Water Country Caribbean has a really nice ring to it, by the way.

Reactions: Zachary

smitty915 said:
this might sound ridiculous, but do you think the park would ever cose wcusa and decide to build another theme park there? i personally do not know which makes more money(water parks or theme parks) i think it would be intersting. i think most ppl enjoy bgw more than wcusa so i think it would be relatively popular

It is ridiculous.

WCUSA is the 2nd most visited seasonal water park in the country, ranked only behind Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, TX. Williamsburg tourism relies on this park because it gives tourists and visitors a variety of things to do while visiting in the area. And in general, it is a good compliment to BGW.

Plus, no other park chains in this country other than Disney and the Universal Orlando Resort have two or more theme parks that close to each other.

Starting to regret posting this this thread :(. I guess it is ridiculous. But i think a transit system between bgw and wcusa would be cool. But wont happen

Unagi said:
Plus, no other park chains in this country other than Disney and the Universal Orlando Resort have two or more theme parks that close to each other.

How did I miss this gem?

This this this! SEA is known for its waterparks built to compliment the main feature. From my understanding WCUSA, Aquatica, BB, TL, and Uni's water offering have all had outstanding attendance this year. Heck, Ive gone to WCUSA twice this year when it was at capacity. I have never happened upon that one time for as long has I have gone there (which is higher than the age of several posting here).

I better not mention that Six Flags America's water park had better themeing than WCUSA. :V

PzP said:
I better not mention that Six Flags America's water park had better themeing than WCUSA. :V

I'd believe it. I think WCUSA has terrible themeing. I mean, there is a concept there supposedly, but aside from what things are called and a little signage, I don't really feel the theme when I'm there. Now, granted I don't go very often (I've only been three times), so maybe I'm wrong about this...but then again, if it didn't hit me and stick with me, it's probably not that great.

Best themed on the east coast? Heck no! Not in a million years. Theme wise the Disney water parks take the cake hands down. No contest. TKO. Game over.

What I mean is, the theme is there, but because WCUSA is more of a side project than its own park it can't reach its full potential. I do agree there is little actual theme besides signage. But the theme is present, its just not as clear. If they spent the off season trying to put effort into the theme of the park, it could on par with the best water parks.

It is not a side park. Take a closer look at how WDW waterparks are set up and you will see why it will never be on par.

Party Rocker said:
It could, if they worked hard on it. I have faith.

I am going to guess you have been to neither of them. That would explain why you think like you do.

I do believe that with a little TLC, Water Country could be a great addition to the area, and that they probably *should* do more to sell the two parks as a package deal, similar to how Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are sold.

A solid retheme, some park-hopper ticket options, a hotel and a simple transport system to link the two parks could really enhance the name value of WCUSA, as well as help to create a resort-type feel for the Busch parks in Williamsburg.

And yes, I do have confidence that this could be done, and done well. Whether the current people have the will or foresight...that's a different question. But I think the right people would have no problem doing it. Maybe they don't do it because they just don't see easy money in it. Who knows?

Doc Dollars said:
I do believe that with a little TLC, Water Country could be a great addition to the area, and that they probably *should* do more to sell the two parks as a package deal, similar to how Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are sold.

A solid retheme, some park-hopper ticket options, a hotel and a simple transport system to link the two parks could really enhance the name value of WCUSA, as well as help to create a resort-type feel for the Busch parks in Williamsburg.

And yes, I do have confidence that this could be done, and done well. Whether the current people have the will or foresight...that's a different question. But I think the right people would have no problem doing it. Maybe they don't do it because they just don't see easy money in it. Who knows?

This is somewhere with what I was going, not exactly what I had in mind, but the point is that WCUSA is not a main attraction itself and doesn't have much value, but when with BGW, it becomes a valuable asset to have. If only they were closer together.

smitty915 said:
But i think a transit system between bgw and wcusa would be cool. But wont happen

There is an existing bus line that runs from the Visitor's Center to the two parks (free parking tip, BTW ;))

http://gowata.org/pdf/YellowRouteSchedule_July_2011.pdf

Shafor said:
smitty915 said:
But i think a transit system between bgw and wcusa would be cool. But wont happen

There is an existing bus line that runs from the Visitor's Center to the two parks (free parking tip, BTW ;))

http://gowata.org/pdf/YellowRouteSchedule_July_2011.pdf

He was probably talking about an official BG bus or something along those lines.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad