WCUSA Renovation/Retheme

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Dec 23, 2011
So what is Adventure Island like? Adventure Island is Water Country USA's sister copy park, much like BGT vs. BGW. Is Adventure Island as bad or as great. I would like to see if we can compare the two somehow.

Jun 6, 2013
I have not been, but I would think its about the same. I think they have a Caribbean beach theme, but I'm not sure they do much to promote their theme either. What i think would be a really smart concept for SP&E would be to also tweak the theme down there. Maybe change the names of the parks to Adventure Isles. Then the sub name would be west indies for Williamsburg and east indies for Tampa. The one down there would be similar to ours, but use islands and architecture from south east Asia instead. This would be similar to how BGW and BGT are related. It would be great for the chain though because it would streamline the marketing. It would be just like how all seaworlds have an aquatica now.

Jun 6, 2013
Aquatica was my original hope, but now i think this other plan would fit in much better. Aquatica would only make sense if you add a seaworld to the area.

Reactions: Party Rocker

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
First things I wanna see before any new attractions get added

1: More trees in the vanish point/ meltdown area
2: Have the park stay open later.

Water slides at night are epic, dont see why you cant have WCUSA stay open until at least 9:00

Jun 6, 2013
I like both of those ideas. They could also easily open in early May and stay open through September here. A longer season would make the expansion/retheme more worth it as well.

Feb 23, 2012
Ben said:
Water slides at night are epic, dont see why you cant have WCUSA stay open until at least 9:00
I think the main reason is safety. Even with lights on, it's still a risk for a lifeguard not to catch somebody in the pools at the end of the slides. Better to be safe than sorry.

Not only that, but for riders, even during the day, a ride on something like Vanish Point is discombobulating, and it's sometimes difficult to find the exit. I can't imagine it at night.

May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
It's also because most people will spend an entire day at WCUSA or BGW and an entire day in the water is a lot. So most everybody leave early and the park doesn't get as many sales to make it worth staying open for those extra hours.

Dec 23, 2011
The park has had team member events at WC at night when it is dark, I don't think safety is that much of an issue, but rather like Evan said, playing in water takes a lot out of people, and they tend to leave WC and go to BGW right after.

Jun 6, 2013
After going to water country this weekend I don't think the lack of theme is quite as bad as some people say. I think the theme is just not very good. I would agree it is also not very consistent. I think the entire theme just seems kind of cheesy. It is not up to SP&E quality.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad