Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Well it's not a power outage according to the Dominion Energy outage map. My guess is maybe a water main break serving the park?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Are we sure that it isn't that someone bought out the park for 2 days? This is usually the time of year this happens in my experience.

There was an accident with injury yesterday seems like pretty big coincidence for a maintenance issue the next day.

I don't know all the details but know a rider fell out of one of the rafts on CC and was injured and transported by York County Fire. My understanding was it was a plausible spinal injure but don't know that part for sure.
It’s very rare for the park to shut down for two days like this and hearing this new info means that it’s likely a very serious accident.

Possible ways a guest could fall out (purely speculation):
1- The weight is not balanced correctly (could be on the guest switching seats after the ride starts) or ride operator not checking for proper load balance.
2- Water pressure too high/forceful
3- Defect with a section of the tube itself

Just my guess, but most importantly hope the person injured makes a full speedy recovery.
Also, if this new info is true, I’d expect CC to be closed for the rest of the season while a full investigation continues from the park, insurance provider, and legal teams.

It’s very rare for the park to shut down for two days like this and hearing this new info means that it’s likely a very serious accident.

1- The weight is not balanced correctly (could be on the guest switching seats after the ride starts) or ride operator not checking for proper load balance.

Just my guess, but most importantly hope the person injured makes a full speedy recovery.
Also, if this new info is true, I’d expect CC to be closed for the rest of the season while a full investigation continues from the park, insurance provider, and legal teams.
If true, let's hope the rider is okay.

On the possible causes, another factor could be the rider was not holding on tightly with both hands. Not doing so could easily result in the rider falling out, and depending on where it occurred, potentially experiencing a near vertical fall. Unfortunately, there is no way the park could police something like that.

from what I heard it was a teen with a group of other teens and that it may have been related to some form of horse play.

But why close the park for two days?
Are they doing a mandatory safety training with park ops staff, a maintenance review of all of the rides, or something else? Sure puzzles me!

Are they doing a mandatory safety training with park ops staff, a maintenance review of all of the rides, or something else? Sure puzzles me!
Probably more of a CYA move dictated by corporate, given the negative SP press a few weeks back.

Reactions: horsesboy
I would assume that if it was a serious enough accident that there is probably an on going investigation and given the location that it would be hard to hide it from guests and that they decided it was better to close then risk the possible bad PR but I don't have any info on the closure so it's possible that it is just a coincidence. But the timing right after a late day accident yesterday seems a little to coincidental to me.

Reactions: Mamunia
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad