Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 23, 2010
Water Country USA is now offering Quick Queue for unlimited sliding on Wild Thang, Malibu Pipeline, and Vanish Point. It costs 10.95 to 12.95 depending on the date.

I don't like it mainly because Malibu Pipeline and Wild Thang usually won't need them. Vanish Point could be the only needed one, but I'd rather get there early to ride it with a short line. I'd only get it if it's expanded to other more popular attractions.

I'm wondering why they'd leave off the bigger rides like Big Daddy Falls, Aquazoid, and Nitro Racers...

Like you said, it seems sorta pointless apart from Vanish Point.

Swiftman said:
I'm wondering why they'd leave off the bigger rides like Big Daddy Falls, Aquazoid, and Nitro Racers...

The three attractions featured in the Quick Queue option have dual staircases, any other rides in the park would require serious modifications to the towers in order to allow for a separate entrance

From BG's Twitter feed. Seems like a great deal. Good for Friday 5/20 only.

"Wanna bypass the line on our new ride, Vanish Point at Water Country USA? Today only, purchase a $5 Quick Queue. PC: WCQQ http://ow.ly/4ZfEN "

^ That seemed like a good deal. If too many people bought it, than the Quick Que would not be so quick.

That's why they limit the numbers that can be sold a day. I don't know the number exactly but on a packed day they'll be gone within an hour.

Still better than Six Flags' Flash Pass, they'll sell as many as they can (Great Adventure apparently has 8,000 of them) and even on a packed day sometimes the Flash Pass line will be 45 minutes longer than the "Scum" line.

They limit it to 100 passes a day currently. $10.95 M-F and Sunday and $13.95 for Saturday

BGW stops selling after I think 300-500 passes... I really don't know, but they do have days were they open the shop and it's closed within the hour, lol.

Thanks for the info and welcome to the site! Big leaks are nice but it's great to hear about the small things too.

VanishPointPro said:
I heard Quick Queue will continue in 2012 at Water Country and add Big Daddy Falls, anybody else hear anything?
If this is true, then most likely I will never ride BDF again. That ride is almost always be 30-45 mins on a hot day, and QQ will just make that line longer.

I doubt that... Think about the rides that currently have QQ... The all have split staircases... WC would have to build another staircase to do that without a lot of guests getting mad about people constantly passing them... I hate the water country quick queue... That is deliberately putting someone before someone else just because they paid $15... At least at Busch, they have lanes marked off just for QQ so no one is being cut in line. Rant over.

cpt Awesome said:
I doubt that... Think about the rides that currently have QQ... The all have split staircases... WC would have to build another staircase to do that without a lot of guests getting mad about people constantly passing them... I hate the water country quick queue... That is deliberately putting someone before someone else just because they paid $15... At least at Busch, they have lanes marked off just for QQ so no one is being cut in line. Rant over.
BDF does have dual staircases.

I am not talking dual (one on each side), I am talking about one big staircase with a handrail in the middle to separate the lines (like VP, WT, and MP have)

Well, when you pay more, you get more. I think they could do the same with Meltdown, it has a dual staircase doesn't it? I can see Hubba Hubba Highway never needing one. Also, doesn't Malibu Pipeline have a dual staircase?

I don't go to WCUSA much, only really to relax by Hubba Hubba Highway. I might go in to HHH or ride a few slides, but other than that and snacks, if I am solo there, I don't do much. If I had friends/family with me, then I do much more.

Aquazoid and Meltdown don't have dual staircases. Each has only one staircase, but with two entrances. Even though they are the ones that need QQ the most, (especially with Meltdown's awkward loading positions) they won't likely get it any time soon.

No! They don't need QQ the most! QQ would only clog up lines more from the same group of 5 college kids who just keep getting back on over and over again!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad