Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Fair enough. As I mentioned earlier I haven't been there in decades but when I went I just remember a slab of concrete with rides on it. This was after SF bought it and built superman.

The park looks much better since then but if that was the last time you were there, then yes, it was ugly. And not only ugly, but disgusting. At that time the area underneath Mind Eraser looked like a landfill full of items scattered all over the ground.

Reactions: EdK
I wouldn't go so far as to call it "beautiful" yet, but it's certainly not ugly. If they really come through with adding more shade trees that will be fantastic both for the added shade and the looks of the park.

It’s been well over 5 years since I went to SFA and while it definitely had that somewhat cheap and trashy SF feel to it, I thought you could tell it has good bones and the potential to be a rather pretty park. The colonial themed entrance area and Coyote Creek both have nice foundations and could easily become well themed areas with just a little TLC. The wooded plaza and path past the entrance area towards the Looney Tunes area is incredibly charming. And the New Orleans themed area was a surprisingly well done — a perfect example of how an enjoyable themed area can be put together on a shoestring budget.

It’s really the swath of land between Roar, Firebird, and the middle of the park — plus Gotham — that needs some improvement to get rid of that “concrete jungle” reputation. But I think some additional landscaping, water features, and maybe some buildings could really improve that problem dramatically. The rest of the park, the part with good bones, is mostly just marred by the classic SF problems: ads everywhere, chain restaurants, uneven cleanliness, and subpar aesthetic maintenance. Fortunately, it seems like SF’s new corporate team really wants to tackle most of those problems in the near future.

Reactions: Zachary
SFA was a good park at one time. Fridays and Saturdays were the days to be there. As we all know, their crowd drawer was Superman for the longest time. But what the company failed to realize is that KD's I305 took the thrown. Not to say they had to build a taller sky coaster right away, but people were expecting something within the decade that I305 was built. We ended up getting a relocated B&M coaster from another park. And it was a small one.

Reactions: panopticon31
I hope new paint for Wild One is on the agenda soon. It's running great, but it desperately needs new paint.

I hope new paint for Wild One is on the agenda soon. It's running great, but it desperately needs new paint.

It's an old coaster. Good to see it still running. Same with Roar. Not sure what it's going to take to get the company to see that this park could be a flagship. They could literally add anything and people would flock, because it's been so long sense anything big was added. I think the park accomplished it's goal with the old corporate management. There are a lot more family attractions in the park than what there were, before Snyder and Shapiro were running the company. The park is in desperate need of a thrill coaster.

It's an old coaster. Good to see it still running. Same with Roar. Not sure what it's going to take to get the company to see that this park could be a flagship. They could literally add anything and people would flock, because it's been so long sense anything big was added. I think the park accomplished it's goal with the old corporate management. There are a lot more family attractions in the park than what there were, before Snyder and Shapiro were running the company. The park is in desperate need of a thrill coaster.
It could use a new thrill coaster but I really don't think it needs one. The park stands on it's own as it is. It's an enjoyable place to visit and the collection that they have is very fun and enjoyable -- and despite you being down on Superman that ride still packs a hell of a thrill.

I feel like we are going in circles. Obviously a new coaster would be appreciated. So would painting Wild One, which is my favorite coaster in the park. It would be a beauty again with freshly painted supports.

Sorry. Yea. I remember the days when Wild One looked crisp. The Skull use to add to the experience.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad