Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Rampage has been stripped from the WCUSA website. Death confirmed? Probably.

THAT SAID, Wild Thang has ALSO been scrubbed off the site. Death confirmed? Also probably. Thread title updated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

?

Last edited:
Wild Thang didn't deserve to die for Rampage's sins.

I'm really going to miss both of them but... Poor Wild Thang. ?
I only rode Rampage once and scared myself by very nearly flipping it despite trying to follow ride instructions to the best of my ability. I won't miss that one but Wild Thing was one of the more underrated slides in the ark in my opinion.

hold up burning my pass at the gate rn

I don't care if they replace them with a multi-million dollar custom ProSlide HydroMAGNETIC MAMMOTH. Nothing will ever beat the thrill of leaning over the edge, rocketing down that slide ramp, and bouncing up and down against the waves of an extremely shallow pool on a thin, but heavy piece of yellow plastic. I have a lot of fond memories growing up on these two slides, it was one of the last slides I was "brave enough" to finally check out, and in more recent years it's been a great reliable set of slides with fairly short waits.

I'm less concerned about what will replace these slides and more about the preservation of the surrounding area. All of the WCUSA additions since Rock 'n' Roll Island in 2008 have been completely barren of trees, and this replacement is most definitely going to follow suit. Rampage and Wild Thang border Colossal Curl which is already void of trees, and now this once lush forested area is going to be absolutely razed so they can fit in another slide.

Can we all just pause and consider that yet again a Virginia park has closed a ride with no warning? It is becoming a disturbing tend.

In fairness to the park(s) what are you really expecting here? A two week's notice?

Even if notice was given it's not like you can go ride it one last time. It's gone.

These aren't iconic rides like Disney's "it's a small world" which, if they were to close; would probably have to give 12 month's notice and expect a flood of people coming for a last ride.

Anyone else want to build a version of Rampage in their backyard now? Call it Redneck Rampage?!

Honestly, it would probably be the easiest ride to recreate full scale. Think they'd sell me a few toe smashers?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Coasternerd
In fairness to the park(s) what are you really expecting here? A two week's notice?

Even if notice was given it's not like you can go ride it one last time. It's gone.

These aren't iconic rides like Disney's "it's a small world" which, if they were to close; would probably have to give 12 month's notice and expect a flood of people coming for a last ride.

I said pattern; I didn't limit my comment to these water slides. I said they are part of a larger issue I see developing.

Regardless of whether people would have taken advantage of the opportunity to get one last ride (I think for some of the attractions they would have), it is the policy of shutting them down without any comment or acknowledgement or anything that I find objectionable. Even in the case of attractions that were not safe to reopen, a ride doesn't have to be as iconic as the awful "its a small world" to have fans who want some kind of formal recognition that it is disappearing forever.

Anyway, this is way off topic.

I just think it's a bit of a stretch to expect the park to announce the closure of these attractions prior to even announcing its replacement.

Before condemning the park for inaction; let's wait and see what (if anything) they say about rampage and wild thang when they actually announce this ride as their replacement.

Reactions: michaeelaln
Once again, I am talking about a pattern. Are you saying KD shouldn't have told anyone that Volcano was closing, because they didn't have a replacement?

The closure of a ride has little to do with the introduction of a new ride, beyond the physical location. The fact that Wild Thang is gone is of interest to some people irrespective of what is put in its place.

Fallacy of slippery slope anyone?

Just because a park owned by a completely different corporate closed a ride without an announcement doesn't mean we won't get some sort of farewell/statement regarding Rampage/Wild Thang. Just because the web development folks updated the site doesn't mean the PR department isn't working on some sort of statement.

I agree that we might see something on Wild Thang and Rampage. That said Europe in the Air was not at a different company, so I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Coasternerd
I’m still holding out hope that Wild Thang is just closed for the season. It went to my #1 spot after Meltdown was put down. (And I really didn’t like Cutback.. it hurt my @ss!) If Wild Thang gets replaced by another manic jerky thrill ride then I guess you’ll just find me going around and around the Hubba Highway all damn day.

I’m still holding out hope that Wild Thang is just closed for the season. It went to my #1 spot after Meltdown was put down. (And I really didn’t like Cutback.. it hurt my @ss!) If Wild Thang gets replaced by another manic jerky thrill ride then I guess you’ll just find me going around and around the Hubba Highway all damn day.

You'll find that the LSM powered slides are way smoother.

It's like a B&M vs an Arrow...

Amazon (Wild Thang) IS a fantastic ride. It feels like one of the park's fastest tube slides. Also the fact it's covered in mature foliage makes it completely unique. I like Rampage and will miss it, but losing Wild Thang really hurts.

I'm still disappointed that the park continues to remove old attractions to put in new ones when it has approval to add new areas that wouldn't require losing rides. I'd blame covid, but this started prior to the pandemic.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad