Want To Review Halloween Haunt?

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Southern Va
Hello ParkFans!

Halloween Haunt is approaching and I need your help! Some members of ParkFans, a forum centralized around the discussion of Virginia theme parks, will be given complimentary admission into Kings Dominion during the Sept-Oct months; in exchange, you will be asked to leave an honest and unbiased review of Halloween Haunt 2019.

Requirements:
  • Camera (Phone, DSLR, Etc)
  • Transportation to and from Kings Dominion
  • Ability to unbiasedly analyze mazes, scare zones, shows, decor, and specialized food options (If applicable) in real time
  • Ability to transfer detailed analysis from your brain and onto this beloved forum soon after your visit
How To Enter? Reply To This Thread Answering The Following

1. Why are you interested in reviewing Kings Dominions Halloween event?
  2. How many people would you be taking? Youngest/Oldest in your party?
  3. What do you look most forward to in a Halloween event?
  4. How many different Halloween events have you attended?
  5. Have you been to Kings Dominions Halloween Haunt before? If so, when was the last time you attended?
  6. What region of Virginia do you live in?
  7. Why choose you over the next person? (Art degrees subsided 😋)
Aside from those questions, a small evaluation of your account may be made. Users will be reviewed to ensure nobody is entering with duplicate accounts and that only good standing ParkFans members are eligle. If chosen, you will receive a PM from myself with additional information (Mailing addresses, directions, recommendations, etc) by Wednesday, August 28th. Please PM me with any additional questions.

Good luck to all!!!
Parking not included with complimentary admission

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2011
  1. I always do reviews when I can.
  2. Probably just by myself, but my friends have passes already.
  3. Scares
  4. HoS, Hunt Club, Haunted Wisconsin in Norfolk, Spooky Acres
  5. Last year.
  6. Norfolk
  7. I believe my reputation speaks for itself.

May 12, 2011
ROANOKE, VA
1. To give a new prospective from a fan than hasn’t been to the haunt event before and also to give a comparison for howloscream.

2. We would have 6 people in our party. Would consider up to 8 if possible.

3. House scares and atmosphere

4. HOS, Graham’s haunted mansion, The Gallows, And various local houses

5. Never ( neither has anyone in the group)

6. Roanoke

7. To give a fresh new perspective for someone that has never attended haunt and has had no previous comparison for an event the size of HOS ( which we have attended for the last 10 years)

Applesauce

未来の月
May 22, 2010
Virginia Beach
  1. I'm likely to do it regardless if I make it that way this year
  2. Just me, friends have passes.
  3. The environment. Scares are important as well, but I want to be surrounded by Spooky Things all the time.
  4. 4 from off the top of my head - Howl-o-Scream, KD Haunt, Hunt Club Farm, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
  5. Yes, I went last year on the last night.
  6. Virginia Beach
  7. I'm honestly not sure how to answer this, I just really love Halloween and the season. I usually post my reviews of experiences soon after getting home that night or the next day. I like to lay out the good and the bad, and even if it's horrible I do still try to find some good in its potential. (And I like to try to problem solve those issues, which I often do on the forum.) Ultimately, Halloween Events are like a second home for me and I care a lot about them. Plus it's fun.

Oct 25, 2014
Virginia Beach
  1. I’ve never been and I’d love to try it out. I’ve heard good things about the event and I’d definitely be interested in seeing it for myself. I love having a critical eye about things and I wanna see how it compares to Busch!
  2. Probably just my mom or dad, I’m 17 and my parents are in their 40s
  3. The atmosphere mainly, I love feeling immersed, that’s why the old way of scare zones at Busch never really impressed me, they were too small. Scares are also really important, if you can scare me, you’ve won in my book. I’m really hard to scare, I’ve been going to Halloween events since I was 5 and I’ve screamed maybe once? Also themed food is also a plus. 😜
  4. Howl-O-Scream at BGW, Hunt Club Farms, and some random maze in Pungo that I don’t think exists anymore.
  5. Nope.
  6. Virginia Beach
  7. You can get a younger person’s perspective?? And I like to think I’m a cool person idk 😂. Halloween’s really my jam though and I’m really passionate about the holiday!

Apr 22, 2019
I can't do this. I can do exactly one haunted house each year, one time, and I have to force myself to do that. Too scary!

Jan 28, 2010
  1. I love learning about theme parks and then sharing that knowledge with and answering questions for others - but I'm not someone who regularly posts full reviews.
  2. I have 3 people in my family, ages 6-39. (The 6 year old won't go in the mazes, but likes walking around and experiencing the rest.)
  3. As with any theme park visit, I'll look for the overall experience. I'm not just interested in the mazes and how scary they are. I want to take in the overall atmosphere of the park (decor, music, lighting, themeing, etc), and see the shows too.
  4. I have been to a couple smaller Halloween events in the Hampton Roads area and Howl O Scream at Busch Gardens
  5. I went to Haunt once last year. I've been one other time several years ago.
  6. Hampton Roads
  7. I have a little familiarity with Haunt, but am by no means an expert who has already seen it all and will compare this year against every other, or against what many other parks do. In addition to appreciating the overall experience and not just wanting the newest, scariest thing out there, I can see the event from multiple perspectives - as an adult who enjoys Halloween attractions, but also as a parent as well.

Reactions: Zachary

phurst

Silver Donor
Mar 16, 2016
Richmond, VA
  1. I enjoy reviewing things, enjoy visiting the parks, and SUPER enjoy the various Halloween events around.
  2. There are four of us. Two adults (43) two teens (15) (17).
  3. Atmospherics. Halloween is my favorite time of year, and while I love the houses, and scare zones and pretty much everything associated with the event, I simply love the environment as a whole. Music, fog, decorations, I just really enjoy even being in the park (which isn't always true for KD).
  4. Haunt, HOS, Knotts, and various local attractions like Red Vein, Haunted Hayride, etc.
  5. Yes, last season.
  6. Richmond
  7. You'll get the unvarnished truth from me. Good, bad or ugly, without being nit-picky, I believe I would give a review that the "average" person might agree with. Besides, I'm a silver donor, I mean, what on earth am I paying for here 😆😆😆

Login or Register to Hide This Ad