Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 29, 2011
Hope it’s not going away. Yea it moves slow but it was a people eater and offered a good break from the heat.

It's not. Not sure how long it will be down but they had to drain the ponds and repaint because there was a ton of algae that they let get out of control.

Edited to add: Just heard that some of the moving props and special effects in the final room will undergo some rehab as well.

Last edited:
I legitimately wonder what Comcasts long-term plan is for Lost Continent. It seemed like they were going the Zelda route at one point then we see this get refurbished suggesting it's not going anywhere anytime soon in a section of the park that's basically just this and Mythos. I really enjoy the atmosphere and theming of this section of the park and I really liked it back in 2003 when I went before Harry Potter. I'm just kind of wondering what the endgame is with this section of the park I just can't see the execs at Comcast not sitting there trying to figure out how to make "The Lost Continent" into the "The Maximum amount of dollars found." Which I guess I don't really want to think about what the actual solution to that is for Comcast.......

Mar 16, 2016
I legitimately wonder what Comcasts long-term plan is for Lost Continent. It seemed like they were going the Zelda route at one point then we see this get refurbished suggesting it's not going anywhere anytime soon in a section of the park that's basically just this and Mythos. I really enjoy the atmosphere and theming of this section of the park and I really liked it back in 2003 when I went before Harry Potter. I'm just kind of wondering what the endgame is with this section of the park I just can't see the execs at Comcast not sitting there trying to figure out how to make "The Lost Continent" into the "The Maximum amount of dollars found." Which I guess I don't really want to think about what the actual solution to that is for Comcast.......
I don’t think they have one. Epic Universe kinda hurt that idea of using other IPs for it. Using Merlinwood for Harry Potter cut down the available space.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad