Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
So glad I went in 2017 for Firehawk's closing, because I was so afraid it'd be Vortex getting the boot that year.

What I would personally like to see for its replacement: either an inversion record-setter (possibly RMC T-Rex?) or a Mack multi-launch that uses the terrain.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Yeah, this announcement is dumbfounding to me to be honest. It's my understanding that Arrow looper parts are cheap and plentiful... Is Cedar Fair just gearing up to give KI another new coaster...?

Reactions: Mushroom
Considering it's back where the Antique Cars, Windseeker, Orion will be....kinda not shocked TBH. Sounds like this might be part of CF's efforts to focus more on the experience in the park than rides. That's the section of KI undergoing a bit of a renovation.

Well if you take them at their word, nothing will replace Vortex for a long time. Did they not say their new approach is to ride out each new ride for longer periods of time before adding anything new? And Orion will be new. So that seems to imply it's going to be a long time before anything goes there except maybe a new green space and a restaurant.

Man, I don't love Vortex, but I don't hate it either. I kinda wish there was more of a heads up on this decision because I'd like to have gotten one more ride on it. Cedar Fair is really proving the cliche true recently. Enjoy riding it when you're there, because you never know if it will be your last chance.

Reactions: horsesboy
Only went to KI once and Vortex was my least favorite ride there. That said, it's still see to see a classic arrow torn down.

Are there good Arrow loopers other than Tennessee Tornado and LNM? Actually I don't know if LNM is still good - I haven't ridden it since I was a kid and you still had a chance for the two trains to be in the loops at the same time. Anaconda is horrendous and shows that they didn't really know what they were doing. They just lucked out a few times.

I thought the deal was that Arrow refused to modernize to computer calculations and their manufacturing shop also refused to use technology to assist with some of the more complex bends and twists needed, which is why most Arrow rides feel like you go between distinctive elements separated by awkward joining track pieces vs the smooth transitions you normally see these days.

Reactions: Mushroom
Yeah, this announcement is dumbfounding to me to be honest. It's my understanding that Arrow looper parts are cheap and plentiful... Is Cedar Fair just gearing up to give KI another new coaster...?
Timing seems really odd to. Why not announce eariler in the year and give people a better chance to get the last rided in on an iconic coaster? I mean sure you don't want to rain on Orion's parade but there plenty of room to fit both announcements in without waiting till a month before closing.

Are there good Arrow loopers other than Tennessee Tornado and LNM? Actually I don't know if LNM is still good - I haven't ridden it since I was a kid and you still had a chance for the two trains to be in the loops at the same time. Anaconda is horrendous and shows that they didn't really know what they were doing. They just lucked out a few times.

The multiple “Corkscrew” coaster clones out there are still decent. Last time I was on Dragon Fire is was fun. I’ve heard mixed reviews on Viper.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad