Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
[wiki]index.php?title=Volcano:_The_Blast_Coaster[/wiki]

387586_10151211948937272_2145795564_n.jpg

Picture from KDFansite's facebook
I never knew they had a sign for it.

It ran one train earlier this year when they had issues with the second one.

On a separate note, how many times have you guys experienced walk-ons on Volcano? I've seen it 3 times total now.

Never straight walk on but I walked on as far as I could before getting to where the fast lane meets up. Then there was some line down in the Volcano.

Evan said:
Never straight walk on but I walked on as far as I could before getting to where the fast lane meets up. Then there was some line down in the Volcano.

Walk-ons aren't rare, it's just hard to catch them.

That was a false rumor that CoasterCrew sent out. On bad weather days (i.e. Rainy or cold) Volcano will roll back if it sends out with a full train. When the ride was first opened bad launch motors where installed and don't have enough power to send a full train out with cold or rainy weather.

Reactions: Coasternerd
It is a hard fix because the ramps for the entrance have to be a at a certain angle or they will have to make it steps. Which can be very annoying sometimes. Also they can't actually extend it farther back because the transfer track is behind it and can't blow out the sides because the storage tracks are there.

Does anyone think this ride could be torn down in the next 2-3 years? With it's low capacity, Ugly supports, and the amount of land it takes up, I could see it be removed for a future park expansion in the near future.

PzP said:
It's unfortunately like Bitten. It's not very good but is very popular.

I just don't see what the hype is, slow inversions and your riding around an extremely fake-looking Volcano( Changed from Mountain due to local opposition), and it takes up an extreme amount of room. At least Bitten is a seasonal attraction that utilizes an usually unoccupied area of the park.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad