Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
It's so shitty that growing up kids are always treated like they don't know anything yet. Then kids see aggression as a means of negotiating and they learn that behavior. Thus, the cycle continues. Shame on every grown ass person who physically assaulted kids here cause they didn't get their free pass. And shame on the construction company for not handling this properly. Older people could learn a thing or two from children.

Reactions: lightninlady
Yep.

While I commend the construction company for wanting to do something for the community there were probably better ways to implement this that didn't involve a first come first served free for all.

For instance, they could have reached out to local support organizations, given them the tickets and let them distribute them to the people as they saw fit. Those organizations would know better how to handle the distribution.

Reactions: Logang
I heard about this on a morning show. The commentary involved somebody saying "there's a lot of blubber ontop of a lot of cement" and "there's a lot of people here who are the 'you gon finish that?' type at a restaurant".

So yeah that's where I'm at. I'm still reeling from the guy basically saying it's a bunch of pissed off fat people. Idk how I feel about that.

I realize this post doesn't contribute to the discussion. Who am I kidding welcome to ParkFans

Yep.

While I commend the construction company for wanting to do something for the community there were probably better ways to implement this that didn't involve a first come first served free for all.

For instance, they could have reached out to local support organizations, given them the tickets and let them distribute them to the people as they saw fit. Those organizations would know better how to handle the distribution.
The problem is that in many cases these tickets would be just given to friends and family of people in the organization, not the ones who could use it. They probably should have advertised tickets at whatever the closed pool admission was that was the reason for the promotion, say $5 to 10. If you advertise FREE lots of people will come that really could care less except that it is "free". If money was the reason these neighborhood pools were closed , then donate the proceeds to help them get reopened.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad