Login or Register to Hide This Ad

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
So Verbolten has a team member stationed in the building that has to press a present button every 5 minutes for the ride to stay up. apparently falling asleep down their is a somewhat common issue.

May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
Wouldn't simply pressing the dispatch controls take care of this?
The park is required to have a team member located in the event building for fire evacuation purposes. That way there is someone there to quickly evac the ride if a fire happens. However, outside of waiting for a fire - the team member (to my understanding) just stares at cameras.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
The park is required to have a team member located in the event building for fire evacuation purposes. That way there is someone there to quickly evac the ride if a fire happens. However, outside of waiting for a fire - the team member (to my understanding) just stares at cameras.

Oh, I was interpreting it as ride staff have issues staying awake at the station... Makes far more sense being the event building

Reactions: I305Evan

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
When I was there, there wasn't any alerter button, but it wouldn't surprise me if they installed something that would at least alert the supervisors if the TM's were not being attentive. There are two people stationed in a room near the vertical drop in case of a fire that traps two trains in the building. While I was there, if anyone was found sleeping, they were removed on the spot. They ended up installing a camera that security and ops monitor due to some shady activity, if you know what I mean...

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013

correct and according to the employee I talked to it's cold and dark.

When I was there, there wasn't any alerter button, but it wouldn't surprise me if they installed something that would at least alert the supervisors if the TM's were not being attentive. There are two people stationed in a room near the vertical drop in case of a fire that traps two trains in the building. While I was there, if anyone was found sleeping, they were removed on the spot. They ended up installing a camera that security and ops monitor due to some shady activity, if you know what I mean...

The team member yesterday kept saying one employee so that may have changed. Not hitting the button every 5 minutes will apparently send a dispatch hold to the station and prevent them from sending trains till cleared by hitting the button. The procedure us to call down to the build and make contact. If that fails security and a supervisor are alerted and dispatched and the ride is down till a new member is stationed there. All of which appeared to occur yesterday.

Coasternerd

What’s better than one coaster? 2 coasters!
Dec 7, 2021
I actually went in that room for the coaster insider tour. Just a room with cameras to see in the building and a button that you have to press every 5 minutes. There’s also no cell phones allowed in there. They have books.
From my experience as a guest on the coaster insider tour, if they are doing dual dispatch then they require 2 people down there. If they are using one station then they only need one down there.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
From my experience as a guest on the coaster insider tour, if they are doing dual dispatch then they require 2 people down there. If they are using one station then they only need one down there.

That makes sense the park was dead and they were only using one station yesterday.

Staring at cameras and pressing a button every now and then? Sounds like a terrible Five Nights at Freddy's ripoff.
The team member said it honestly was one of the hardest jobs in ride ops just do to the lack of activity. He said that while falling asleep isn't all that common it's also not unheard of.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad