Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
Love (dislike) them or hate them, Vekoma has been a staying force in the amusement industry for over 90 years. I recently came across a continuing retrospective series (starting in 2014) at ParkVault that looks at the history and product lineup of Vekoma starting with their unique contract with Arrow Dynamics, their  partnership with the Walt Disney Company, and on through their current offerings today. The series has been extremely interesting and reveals some valuable information that the common enthusiast may not have known about this unique ride manufacturer.

A Journey through Vekoma's History

The author has gone back and added supplemental information and updates to the articles over time. I recommend checking out ParkVault as they have several other articles on a range of topics within the industry. I hope you enjoy this retrospective as much as I did.

Don't let Zimmy see you say that! But, the MK-1212 trains are probably the most comfortable trains you could ask for on Arrow style track.

Reactions: Zimmy
Unagi said:
UncleDuncan said:
Pretzel Kaiser said:
I, for one, think that Verkoma actually improved (perhaps perfected) what Arrow failed to do.

Torture people?

Arrow was very successful in torturing! :p

Arrow: We create middling rides with restraints that rattle your head, slam your shoulders, and compress your spine inflicting immediate and residual pain. No one could possibly do worse.

Vekoma: Hold my beer.

Pretzel Kaiser said:
I, for one, think that Verkoma actually improved (perhaps perfected) what Arrow failed to do.

angry-cat-o.gif

Reactions: Thomas
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad