Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Our friends over at BehindTheThrills.com are hearing rumors that Blackstone gave some money to their waterparks for 2011 for a few new rides. Thoughts?

RE: New Slide in 2011

Water Country hasn't done anything really big to the park in the past few years, so I really hope that they do some changing to "freshen" up that park. I think a new slide would do the trick, and it would bring in guests :)

Just throwin' this out there. On the Season Pass Podcast from last week Larry Giles confirmed that there will be a new attraction coming to WCUSA. Any ideas?

-Skyrider

Reactions: Gavin

I would guess that it will be a vert. slide. The closest thing to this that the park had( which was imo the best slide in the park) was the pepp. twist. This kind of slide is something that the park cold use to help satisfy the lack of adrenaline at the park.

Yeah, I'm thinking a vertical slide, too. With a loop, perhaps? :D

The closest thing to this that the park had( which was imo the best slide in the park) was the pepp. twist

Are those gone? It's been awhile since I last visited WCUSA.

I actully like the 3 new slides in Rock 'n Roll Island.

The current problem with Water Country is that they don't have anything that sets them apart from the other water parks. Parks need headlining attractions, WCUSA doesn't have one.

The three slides in r&r are crap. They hurt when you go over the seams, and they had to take out one great slide, and another alright slide to put them in.

The current problem with Water Country is that they don't have anything that sets them apart from the other water parks. Parks need headlining attractions, WCUSA doesn't have one.

Vertical-looping slide, am I right? :)

But, yes, I totally agree, Swiftman. WCUSA is sort of a hodge-podge of many more or less "common" slides. I'd also love to see WCUSA get a water coaster, but I doubt how practical that is. Plus, you wouldn't be able to access it directly from Busch Gardens like every other park that has a water coaster.

Holiday world got a brand new water coaster this year at their water park. I'd love to get this here in williamsburg. We can even try and break their record for longest water coaster. :-D Wildebeest

They use LIM to get the rafts to go up hills during the ride. Check out their youtube videos there.

I rode it and it tops a bunch of coasters I've been on. Wildebeest is an absolutely amazing ride.

I've watched POVs of Wildebeest and that is exactly what I had in mind when I posted that. It just looks like so much pure fun. I can easily see it being better than several coasters I've been on, particularly the rough ones.

Just so everyone knows, the info I got today also said that the new slides would have a drop feature. If I'm not mistaken, Aqua Loops have a drop door correct?

Indeed, and though I have never been on one, I would love to ride one. Drop door to near free-fall, through a loop, what's more fun than that?

Alright. We all know Vanish Point was announced. The question is, location?
screenshot20100918at100.png

I was able to pause the youtube video and find that.
So - we see Jet Scream and Cow-a-bunga.
Will one be removed?

RE: Vanish Point

May 21st is the confirmed opening date. Anyone (other than me) going to be there?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad