Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Vanish Point

So I recently went to water country for water training and let me tell you vanish point looks pretty nice from, there testing weight limits on it this week and next week

A ton of employees rode VP today and they all seem to love it. My Facebook wall is full of praise at the moment. I myself will be there Saturday to ride it.

Here's some pics...

Attachments

• CategoryAsset-1.jpg
    CategoryAsset-1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 68
  • CategoryAsset.jpg
    CategoryAsset.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 78
  • CategoryAsset-2.jpg
    CategoryAsset-2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 69

Today was great there. I spent not even three hours in the park and had done everything once and most twice.

Drop: It was fun overall. The water shoots up your nose like a champ and can slam right into your ears.

Slide: I think that was more fun personally. Same problem with water in your as the drop though. Disney does Summit Plummit much higher without that problem. Once they tweak these I see them being outstanding.

I got to the park around 12:30 and stayed till closing. I missed the ribbon cutting, but it doesn't sound like it was anything particularly special.

Drop: Coasters don't scare me. Most water slides don't scare me. This scared me. Being shut into that drop tube knowing that the floor you're standing on is going to disappear any second now is a genuinely scary thing (for me at least). The first time I rode it I was sorta holding my breath waiting for the drop. Bad idea. Take a deep breath right after saying you're ready because breathing while you're on the ride is basically impossible- don't even try it. I found that I couldn't really enjoy the ride at all because of the absurd amount of water that was splashing onto every bit of my face. If they don't do anything to fix it, I would of them rather just put the things over a pool and let them drop you into that. The drop itself is great, but the rest is just annoying.

Slide: I definably preferred this over the drop. Again, there was a ton of water in my face and again, you can't really breath while on the ride, but it's much less of an issue because of how quick the ride is. Keeping your eyes open is also much easier on the slides.

They'll both be a hit with the general public, but the thing that worries me is the capacity. Expect some long lines as the season begins to pick up.

I found out that if you pick up your feet on the skybox slides, you can breath just fine after the first drop... just put your feet down when you get to the bottom, you WILL get a wedgie

For the speed slides: IF you are willing to get a wedgie at aprox 40mph (I am), you should pick up your feet as you level out and you will be able to breath.

I liked the speed slides better, but both were a lot of fun. With the capacity issue, I think the speed slides will be fine, but the sky box lines will be very long.

I would only change two things with Vanish Point: Taking out the QQ and making the slides have their own line (one for Skybox, one for Speed slides) AND adding a speed readout for the speed slides so you could actually see how fast you were going.

They have water pressure to adjust a LOT. That stuff shouldn't be happening. I have been to almost every major water park in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and here. I have never had that problem on slides significantly taller and faster.

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to the bottom of the drop slide without taking in a breath full of water. It's made worse by the fact that the drop basically takes your breath away the first time you do it. They really need to fix those drop slides ASAP.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad