Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 21, 2016
Hi all, we're planning a day at Discovery Cove next month but I'm curious if anyone can recommend certain upgrades/add-ons over others...drink package, photo package, SeaVenture, animal encounters, etc. There's 4 of us but we're all Platinum BGW so we get some discounts. Thanks.

Get the Dolphin swim package. That's a fun experience. I love the ray feeding as well. Your regular admission includes non-alcoholic beverages as well as wine and beer. The extra drink package isn't necessary unless you want tropical cocktails.

Only one I've done was the drinks, we got comped that last visit. I've never really needed anything extra there to have a great time. I've been around 8 times and only did dolphin swim the first time or two. Now we just do day resort.

You certainly don't need the drink upgrade, but if you like mixed drinks or beers other than macro brew you might want to consider it. Drink lines can be slow or long and with the upgrade you can grab a mixed drink and beer at the same time. Not too bad.

Hi all, we're planning a day at Discovery Cove next month but I'm curious if anyone can recommend certain upgrades/add-ons over others...drink package, photo package, SeaVenture, animal encounters, etc. There's 4 of us but we're all Platinum BGW so we get some discounts. Thanks.
SeaVenture is also really cool! Highly recommend that and the dolphin swim. The others are pretty fun, too. I would just definitely recommend doing those two.

I would also definitely get a photo package, but you can buy that day of and get a discount.

The drink package depends on how much you drink. You get some drinks included with your day ticket, but there's a much bigger selection if you get the package. Again you can decide day of, but you'll definitely want to book the SeaVenture and any animals in advance.

Thanks all, we are definitely doing the dolphin swim, but I didn’t expect to see so many add-ons. SeaVenture sounds great, and I guess we’ll wait on the photo package until we arrive

I never go without a cabana. The dolphin swim is really a core part of the park and everyone should do it at least once. I agree that SeaVenture was really fun.

I spend a lot of time snorkeling, in the aviary, and in the river, so a drinks add-on has never made a lot of sense to me.

I never go without a cabana. The dolphin swim is really a core part of the park and everyone should do it at least once. I agree that SeaVenture was really fun.

I spend a lot of time snorkeling, in the aviary, and in the river, so a drinks add-on has never made a lot of sense to me.
Great points! I love Discovery Cove more than any other park, even without upgrades. They are the icing on the cake and honestly really up to what you like best. Leisure? Drinks? Animals? Adrenaline? Up to you!

Can't wait to hear what you think! Also Nicole is on to something with the aviary, it's really cool!

Unfortunately my youngest is 9yo, so she’s too young for SeaVenture and other upgrades. In typical SEAS fashion, I’ve received an email promoting upgrades like the 90 minute Animal Trek even though the website and reviews clearly say it’s a quick 30 minutes. We’re doing a lot on this trip and at least my youngest is 54” so she’ll get to ride everything at the other parks.

Attachments

• 7433B3C2-A91B-47FF-86BB-E05DB2A77E80.jpeg
    7433B3C2-A91B-47FF-86BB-E05DB2A77E80.jpeg
    873.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 8B56667B-DE1D-4448-BF17-F14DEDE925EA.png
    8B56667B-DE1D-4448-BF17-F14DEDE925EA.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad