Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest X-Pert
Jul 26, 2014
Is there a need to update KD's Seasonal Attractions page with the Halloween Haunt attractions since 2014/2015, or is there no need since they are discussed in the yearly Haunt posts in Special Events? If so, I'll quickly compile the list here:

Blackout (Maze)
Blood on the Bayou (Maze)
Maze of Madness/Urgent Scare (2014) (Maze)
Trick or Treat (Maze)
Lockdown (Maze)
**No Vacancy: Condemned (Maze)
**The Yard (Scare Zone)

** = Rumored, probably shouldn't add until they are officially announced for 2018

I'm sure there are way older mazes that are not listed in this section, but I'll look those up at a later time if needed.

Reactions: Luke
We create structured attraction board threads for new attractions when they open to the public. The idea behind this is that the thread will just consist of actual content regarding the finished product instead of discussion of rumors and the like.

We strive to have threads for all existing/current attractions. If we have missed one of these, please let us know and we'll create it ASAP. Blackout, Blood on the Bayou, Trick or Treat, and Lockdown all definitely fall into this category. I'll work on threads for those right after I'm done here.

As for defunct attractions, our process has changed a bit over the last year or so. Previously we tried to have a thread for every last attraction that has ever existed. This resulted in a million threads that no one actually cared about because none of them provided any content. These days we create threads for defunct attractions when someone messages us and tells us they have content they want to share or if we find something ourselves we think is worth sharing. We want people to see something interesting and topical when they click on a thread for the attraction they're looking for. That new philosophy means no more "placeholder" threads.

Hope that clears things up some! There's a lot of progress to be made still (both with our approach to structured boards and how the user interface relays the ideas behind the structured boards to the end user). We're working on it though!

We create structured attraction board threads for new attractions when they open to the public. The idea behind this is that the thread will just consist of actual content regarding the finished product instead of discussion of rumors and the like.

We strive to have threads for all existing/current attractions. If we have missed one of these, please let us know and we'll create it ASAP. Blackout, Blood on the Bayou, Trick or Treat, and Lockdown all definitely fall into this category. I'll work on threads for those right after I'm done here.

As for defunct attractions, our process has changed a bit over the last year or so. Previously we tried to have a thread for every last attraction that has ever existed. This resulted in a million threads that no one actually cared about because none of them provided any content. These days we create threads for defunct attractions when someone messages us and tells us they have content they want to share or if we find something ourselves we think is worth sharing. We want people to see something interesting and topical when they click on a thread for the attraction they're looking for. That new philosophy means no more "placeholder" threads.

Hope that clears things up some! There's a lot of progress to be made still (both with our approach to structured boards and how the user interface relays the ideas behind the structured boards to the end user). We're working on it though!

Definitely clears things up! I actually noticed that most of the boards in that section didn’t really have any content within them, but wasn’t sure what the forum’s thought process was on adding new ones. Thanks!

Reactions: Luke and Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad