Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I know I'm opening a can of worms here by citing orlandounited. But Hatetofly is a relatively good source.

http://orlandounited.com/2013/01/16/words-of-hatetofly-you-bet-jurassic/

Most of that is accurate. It's what youhow and I were hinting at in the other thread before someone shed tears and had it canned. This will be better than potter. Jungle > castle. Amongst other things.

I am hearing that this is in FULL greenlight mode at this point.

Also hearing that plans for Seuss are changing.

Yesterday via Screamscape

Rumor has it that members of NBC/Universal’s top brass were seen touring Islands of Adventure with members of Warner Bros and Comcast top brass this week, with a heavy focus on looking over every inch of Toon Lagoon, as well as showing off the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Early Middle-Earth talks maybe?

I find it interesting that they are well into working on projects before they ever announce that they are even working on a project. Everyone can see that they are working on an expansion of The Simpsons why not announce this long ago?

expansion, this was posted earlier by me in this thread( From hatetofly at orlandounited.com)

WELCOME TO SPRINGFIELD

Project 971 is the transformation project currently underway within the World Expo at Universal Studios Florida. Rumors have run wild with everything from Moes Tavern to a ferris wheel. A ferris wheel huh... Anyways the project for many started out as something small. An easy addition to compliment the Mega E Ticket opening next Summer across the lagoon Transformers the Ride. Leaks across the internet though have started to grab everyones attention. The project has seemed to of grown but by just how much no one knows. Well tonight we hope to shed a little light on that.

The Springfield project isn't just a simple overlay to an existing area of Universal Studios. I'd like to refer to it as a total transformation. The theming will be on a Potter like level to give Universal's guests a true glimpse into the real world of Springfield. They are really pouring some money into this project. Universal learned a massive lesson from Potter and will continue that lesson learned here. Guest spending is where its at and this project is really aimed at increasing that through unique merchandise and food sales. Not to be outdone though they have also added a ride for the family on top of all the unique food and merch options you will encounter.

If your a fan of the Simpsons then this project is going to blow you away. It will offer so many iconic places, sights, smells, tastes, and experiences that will transform you into the world of Springfield. This uniquely themed land will be a huge hit for Universal Studios and offer its guests an amazing experience they will not soon forget. Enough of the blabbing HTF we want DETAILS!!!! Ok, no need to twist my arm!

Here are some of the things you will experience in Springfield at Universal Studios in Mid 2013!

The IFFF will transform into a themed dining experience complete with General Changs Taco Italiano, Krusty Burgers, Kentucky Fried Panda, and Moes Tavern. Moes Tavern will be walled off inside to give it an intimate experience. The IFFF will feature all of these facades. Moes will be straight out of the show all the way down to bar set up and pool table inside.

On the Waterfront will be the only new ride in this transformation. Kodos and Kang, a themed spinner with a themed outdoor queue. Next to that will be Duff Gardens a large outdoor bar with a massive themed structure where you will be able to get yourself a Duff beer on the Waterfront. Last but not least will be VIP seating along the waterfront for Cinespec.

Other eats include a Lard Lads donuts, food trucks, and stands

I was just there a week ago and couldn't believe all the work they're currently doing at the Studios. The rumored Gringotts coaster is progressing well and the Transformers building seems to be on schedule.

The parks weren't too crowded. The longest wait was Forbidden Journey at 25 minutes. Every other coaster or dark ride had a 5 or 10 minute wait. However, I felt like I was in Rio de Janeiro as there were tons of Brazilians all over the Orlando parks and BGT. It's their summer vacation down there in the Southern Hemisphere so they a lot of them travel en masse to Central Florida. I guess with the lack of good parks down there I would be headed to Orlando as well.

Here's a pic of the Gringotts construction...

Attachments

• gringotts.jpg
    gringotts.jpg
    923.6 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Zachary
Lol, "Rumored simpsons expansion".

Might as well be confirmed, Not that I know much about that specific project in particular...

Hatetofly saying things like that is like Zach confirming a "rumor" for the park. It's gonna happen in some way shape or form...

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad