Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Feb 15, 2013
10
4
20
Hello. I am looking to take a large group of 8th grade students to BGW on Friday May 10th and I was hoping to be able to give them some more information about what typical wait times are for the major attractions. I am pretty familiar with Kings Dominion knowing that Volcano and Flight of Fear are the two coasters that will have the longest waits during the day and usually Dominator has a short wait (even though it's a great coaster).

I'm not familiar with BGW very much, but I would assume that Griffon and Verbolten would be the longest waits in the park because of capacity, but that is just a guess. The attractions I am most interested in are:

Apollo's Chariot
Griffon
Aplengeist
Curse of DarKastle
Europe in the Air
Verbolten
Escape from Pompeii

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
 

Ben

Apr 12, 2012
1,744
857
250
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Its impossible to correctly predict but I can estimate

Apollo's Chariot- 20-30 min
Griffon-20-30 min
Alpengeist-15-20 min
COD-30-45 min
EITA-5-10 min
Verbolten- 50-60 min
EFP-5-10 min
Loch Ness Monster-10-15 min

Don't bank on these numbers, they could be better or worse
 
  • Like
Reactions: dxwwf3
Feb 15, 2013
10
4
20
Ben said:
Its impossible to correctly predict but I can estimate

Apollo's Chariot- 20-30 min
Griffon-20-30 min
Alpengeist-15-20 min
COD-30-45 min
EITA-5-10 min
Verbolten- 50-60 min
EFP-5-10 min
Loch Ness Monster-10-15 min

Don't bank on these numbers, they could be better or worse

Thanks so much! I'm just looking for some estimates and I really appreciate it. Sounds like BGW has lines a little longer than what I'm used to a Kings Dominion, but not too bad. It loos like I need to head to Verbolten first thing after park opening and catch that twice before it starts getting bad. Thanks again
 
Apr 29, 2011
2,989
6,521
250
dxwwf3 said:
Hello. I am looking to take a large group of 8th grade students to BGW on Friday May 10th and I was hoping to be able to give them some more information about what typical wait times are for the major attractions. I am pretty familiar with Kings Dominion knowing that Volcano and Flight of Fear are the two coasters that will have the longest waits during the day and usually Dominator has a short wait (even though it's a great coaster).

I'm not familiar with BGW very much, but I would assume that Griffon and Verbolten would be the longest waits in the park because of capacity, but that is just a guess. The attractions I am most interested in are:

Apollo's Chariot
Griffon
Aplengeist
Curse of DarKastle
Europe in the Air
Verbolten
Escape from Pompeii

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Wait times won't be bad on Friday's during the spring because the park isn't super busy. Saturday are awfully crowded!

You'll be able to get on all of these rides in 10-15 minutes or less.
 
Feb 15, 2013
10
4
20
Unagi said:
Wait times won't be bad on Friday's during the spring because the park isn't super busy. Saturday are awfully crowded!

You'll be able to get on all of these rides in 10-15 minutes or less.

That sounds fantastic and a little closer to what we've seen at KD. Much appreciated
 
Feb 9, 2013
4,643
6,476
250
I will estimate too:
Apollo's Chariot- Morning-5-10 mins- Noon- 15-30 mins- Afternoon-closing- 20-40 mins
Griffon- Morning- 20-40 mins Noon- 20-40 mins- Afternoon-Closing- 30-50 mins
Alpengeist- Morning- 15-20 mins- Noon 20-40 mins- Afternoon-closing- 40-60 mins
Verbolten- Morning- 50-65 mins- Noon- 60-90 mins- Afternoon-Closing- 60-90 mins
LNM- Morning- 15-30 mins- Noon- 20-30 mins Afternoon-closing- 25-40 mins

Notes:
. The only reason AP is short in the morning is because everyone heads to Griffon and Verbolten first
. Griffon is pretty accurate depending on day
. The only reason Alpengeist line is so long is because the employees take forever to load the train
. As you know Verbolten is new so it will have long lines
.LNM is the first roller coaster people can get to, and line times may vary depending on how many trains they are running

:D
 
Apr 29, 2011
2,989
6,521
250
JuniorBGWfan28 said:
I will estimate too:
Apollo's Chariot- Morning-5-10 mins- Noon- 15-30 mins- Afternoon-closing- 20-40 mins
Griffon- Morning- 20-40 mins Noon- 20-40 mins- Afternoon-Closing- 30-50 mins
Alpengeist- Morning- 15-20 mins- Noon 20-40 mins- Afternoon-closing- 40-60 mins
Verbolten- Morning- 50-65 mins- Noon- 60-90 mins- Afternoon-Closing- 60-90 mins
LNM- Morning- 15-30 mins- Noon- 20-30 mins Afternoon-closing- 25-40 mins

Notes:
. The only reason AP is short in the morning is because everyone heads to Griffon and Verbolten first
. Griffon is pretty accurate depending on day
. The only reason Alpengeist line is so long is because the employees take forever to load the train
. As you know Verbolten is new so it will have long lines
.LNM is the first roller coaster people can get to, and line times may vary depending on how many trains they are running

:D

You obviously haven't been to the park on a Spring Friday! :rolleyes:
 
  • Like
Reactions: netdvn and Zachary
Feb 9, 2013
4,643
6,476
250
Unagi said:
^^^You obviously haven't been to the park on a Spring Friday!

Well I have but in general if you average out everyday of the year this is a close estimate..;)
 
Apr 29, 2011
2,989
6,521
250
Ben said:
Oh I Didn't see you specified the day of the week, my numbers are more Saturday like in the spring.

So you missed it on the first line when he said "Hello. I am looking to take a large group of 8th grade students to BGW on Friday May 10th"?! :p


JuniorBGWfan28 said:
You obviously haven't been to the park on a Spring Friday! :rolleyes:

Well I have but in general if you average out everyday of the year this is a close estimate..;)
[/quote]

If you read the original post he specifically said Friday May 10th.
 
Feb 9, 2013
4,643
6,476
250
Unagi said:
Ben said:
Oh I Didn't see you specified the day of the week, my numbers are more Saturday like in the spring.

So you missed it on the first line when he said "Hello. I am looking to take a large group of 8th grade students to BGW on Friday May 10th"?! :p


JuniorBGWfan28 said:
You obviously haven't been to the park on a Spring Friday! :rolleyes:

Well I have but in general if you average out everyday of the year this is a close estimate..;)



If you read the original post he specifically said Friday May 10th.
[/quote]

Oooppps! sorry didn't know you specifically picked a day.. but if you plan to go any other days my time estimate^^ will be pretty accurate.
:)
 
Feb 15, 2013
10
4
20
I will definitely tell the kids to do Verbolten first. None of them would think to go to that first because its probably going to be the 4th most looked forward to coaster there.
 

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
15,981
46,939
260
Virginia
As Unagi said, I highly doubt you'll end up waiting more than 20 minutes for anything on a Friday in the Spring. Most things will probably be closer to 5 minute waits.
 

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
1,876
3,118
260
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
Schools will be in town for most Spring weekends for band events. That being said, the wait times listed above are pretty much exaggerated.

Apollo - walk on - 5 mins, 15 mins max
Alpengeist - walk on - 5 mins, 15 mins max
Griffon - walk on - 10 mins, 15 mins max
Europe in the Air - walk on
Pompeii - depends on weather, should most likely be a walk on
DarKastle - Last time I rode this, the ride was a walk-on. 15-20 minutes just to be safe
Verbolten - 15-20 mins, 30 mins max
Loch Ness - walk on -10 mins, 15 mins max

Lines shouldn't exceed more than 30 minutes for anything. Even if the weather's nice, crowd levels should max out at 30 minutes (45 if a rush comes in).

Apollo's Chariot- Morning-5-10 mins- Noon- 15-30 mins- Afternoon-closing- 20-40 mins
Griffon- Morning- 20-40 mins Noon- 20-40 mins- Afternoon-Closing- 30-50 mins
Alpengeist- Morning- 15-20 mins- Noon 20-40 mins- Afternoon-closing- 40-60 mins
Verbolten- Morning- 50-65 mins- Noon- 60-90 mins- Afternoon-Closing- 60-90 mins
LNM- Morning- 15-30 mins- Noon- 20-30 mins Afternoon-closing- 25-40 mins

I waited 20 minutes for Apollo on a near capacity HOS day. There's no way the line will hit 40 minutes unless there's 30,000+ people in the park. Same with the other rides. Even Verbolten gets 45 min waits max on an average Saturday and almost never hits 90 minutes (I think opening weekend was the only time the line hit 90 mins). Even if you average out all the wait times during the year, they're most likely going to sit in the 15-20 minute range.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zachary and Unagi
Apr 29, 2011
2,989
6,521
250
Ben said:
Just to clarify, this isn't a day where a ton of schools will be there right?

There'll be a few but not that many. Fridays are actually the best days to go to the park in the Spring when they are only operating on a weekend schedule.

Most of the end-of-year school trips are taken on Saturdays so the parks get horribly crowded those days.
 
Feb 15, 2013
10
4
20
netdvn said:
Schools will be in town for most Spring weekends for band events. That being said, the wait times listed above are pretty much exaggerated.

Apollo - walk on - 5 mins, 15 mins max
Alpengeist - walk on - 5 mins, 15 mins max
Griffon - walk on - 10 mins, 15 mins max
Europe in the Air - walk on
Pompeii - depends on weather, should most likely be a walk on
DarKastle - Last time I rode this, the ride was a walk-on. 15-20 minutes just to be safe
Verbolten - 15-20 mins, 30 mins max
Loch Ness - walk on -10 mins, 15 mins max

Lines shouldn't exceed more than 30 minutes for anything. Even if the weather's nice, crowd levels should max out at 30 minutes (45 if a rush comes in).

That would be AMAZING for us. One advantage for us would be going fairly early in May. Maybe a few weeks later and it would make a difference. I'm used to knowing crowd patterns at the Disney parks and early May isn't bad at all, but I just wasn't sure about BGW.
 

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
1,876
3,118
260
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
The only days you need to watch out for in May are Saturdays (when a LOT of band/school trips come in) and Memorial weekend (kickoff to summer). Temperatures also play a huge role in determining crowds. If the temps are in the 40s (and it can get that cold in May) the park will be empty outside of school trips and a few straggling tourists.
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad