Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 30, 2015
Here's an article for the new 'Race Through New York with Jimmy Fallon' ride going in at Universal.  Making way for it, it says they will be closing Twister: Ride It Out on November 2, 2015.

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/jimmy-fallon-new-ride/

Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
RE: Twister: Ride It Out closing Nov.2

We did the Twister ride last fall. It's worth doing once. That is all you need. That said, it's like one of those classic rides everyone gets all up in arms about once it's mentioned it's going. They've probably been on it once, but never want it to leave. Nostalgia.

I put this 'ride' (standing in one place is not a ride) right there with Disaster movie. Both extremely dated. Best part is the end of Disaster. At least it's comedic. We got in line for Twister and wondered if it was even playing/running because no one was there. Not even queue attendants.

I can't believe this, first Disaster and now Twister! Uni is just tearing out all the quality attractions that are incentives for going to Orlando. Twister is way more relevant than Jimmy Fallon. Sigh, at least Terminator 2 3-D is still alive and well.

Reactions: SWStevo and Eric

For what it is worth, I am thrilled to see both Twister and Disaster go. If they aren't there, no one can guilt me into enduring them...and they both sucked, in my opinion.

You could make fun of the Twister pre-show, and the cow merch was cool, but that is all either really had to offer me.

Twister was a terrible movie, and it was a worse attraction. Frankly it surprises me that it lasted this long.

On the Tonight Show Jimmy Fallon said it would be a ride similar to Harry Potter, but he then also admitted he wasn't entirely sure what he was talking about either.

Reactions: Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad