Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 9, 2013
About 1:30ish pm here:
Just got off one of the strangest water rides I've ever been on. It's called "V12 - Enter the Engine" They give you a rain slicker to wear on the ride. Clearly none of them understand the POINT of going on a water ride, so I declined to wear one. The ride's kind of like a mish-mash of Pirates of the Caribbean, Pompeii & log flume. The water is supposed to represent gas or fuel as it goes through a Ferrari engine. I did get wet, but this kind of ride would get run out of town if they tried it in the states.

The atmosphere here at Ferrari World is, ah, let's call it....similar to a church on Sunday during the sermon. Not quite the free for all, YOLO crowd at all. But what can you expect from a country that until 20 years ago, was completely off the map?

Still, I'm having fun! There's an indoor go-kart track, some places to shop & eat. Nice environment considering it's all indoors!

Reactions: Planeteer
Aug 14, 2010
IndyRacingNut said:
They have a "Mach Tower" like ride in the middle of the park, but this one goes up about 200 feet in the air or so.

The other difference is it actually is running. :D

Apr 9, 2013
Leaving Dubai in a few hours. I decided I'm going to have the chauffeur pick me up at 5am (about 3 hours from now) so I'm gonna catch a quick cat nap.

I'll post all my pics from Ferrari World once I get back home to the States. In the meantime, I'll report more up in the air on the food, because I just learned I've been bumped up to FIRST CLASS BETCHES!!! FIRST CLASS on Emirates! I get to take a shower at 40,000 feet!! How bad ass is THAT??? :) Apparently, they overbooked & when I called in to do my pre-check in & make sure all my documents are in order for boarding, they realized their mistake & offered me First Class seating. "Will that be acceptable, sir?" Uh....YEAH, I think that'll be alright. lol Wait till you SEE the seats on the A380 in first class....I think I've just died & gone to heaven, I swear...

This is going to be a good day. :) See ya'll at the airport!

Apr 9, 2013
No idea....gonna find out soon! If it's totally kick ass, I'll even post a pic from the air! :)

Edit: Yeah, the flight would normally cost 12 grand for a 1 way ticket. My company had already paid 12 grand (or heavily discounted due to codeshare frequent flier miles they've racked up), but the upgrade I just got won't cost them a cent. My per diem is still the same though. haha!

As for extras 1st class gets, the inflight WiFi is free in first class. :) Nice. Better food than even business class too. OH! And they're sending a Mercedes to come pick me up from the hotel. DOUBLE BONUS!!

Apr 9, 2013
Oh my GOD people....You must experience this once in your lives....The Emirates first class lounge in Dubai....Lord almighty this place is cool!! Man, I thought the business class lounge was epic....NOOOOOOO. Not now. I literally have 3 people waiting on me. Just me. No one else. I really feel kind of awkward being waited on like this. I can barely make a dent in this champagne glass w/o someone coming to refill it with more Dom Perignon. Perhaps I ought to just chug the damn thing & see how they react. haha!

This is a pic of the breakfast I've got in front of me right now. Flight leaves in an hour.

Attachments

• Breakfast.jpg
    Breakfast.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 20
Apr 9, 2013
Alright, up in the air once again. Headed back to New York City. 12 hours to go. Already they're trying to feed me. This 1st Class seat even has it's own privacy doors like the kind you see at grocery stores that slide open & shut. Nice.

I have a feeling I'm going to be up the entire flight once again....But since the WiFi is free for me, I will try to post as many pics of Ferrari World as possible, along with the food they're offering me. But damn....unlimited Dom Perignon. That stuff's close to $100 a bottle. DOWN THE HATCH!!

Here's one pic of Ferrari World's "Mach Tower" ride just to whet your appetite for the pics to come.

Attachments

• G-Force-2.ashx_-e1289628701409.jpeg
    G-Force-2.ashx_-e1289628701409.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 24
Apr 9, 2013
6 hours into the flight....Somewhere over western Europe, I guess.

Someone wanted to see what the 1st Class seats look like, so here ya go! I'll get to the Ferrari World & airline food pics next.

The first class cabin

Attachments

• 1st class cabin.jpg
    1st class cabin.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 1st class seat bed extended.jpg
    1st class seat bed extended.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 1st class minibar.jpg
    1st class minibar.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 18
  • First sight of my seat.jpg
    First sight of my seat.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Seat controls and TV remote.jpg
    Seat controls and TV remote.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Getting ready for a nap.jpg
    Getting ready for a nap.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 20
Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
Should a day in my life become this awesome, you can rest assured I will blow up this site with pics and comments. I am so jealous. I am really happy for you and your trip. This looks so cool!! I've really had no desire to go anywhere on that side of the globe, but it might be fun to fly around in style like this trip you have documented. Just the food on that airplane alone is awesome. :D

Apr 9, 2013
You want food pics CK? You got it. :D

This is what I've had so far on the flight....

Fruit plate

Attachments

• breakfast fruit.jpg
    breakfast fruit.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 16
  • breakfast eggs and bacon.jpg
    breakfast eggs and bacon.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 19
  • amuse bouche.jpg
    amuse bouche.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 15
  • caviar for breakfast.jpg
    caviar for breakfast.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 15
  • lunch chilled lobster with avocado and mango coullis.jpg
    lunch chilled lobster with avocado and mango coullis.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 19
  • dessert.jpg
    dessert.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 1st class bar.png
    1st class bar.png
    368.9 KB · Views: 19
Apr 9, 2013
Alright, just finished with my shower. On a airplane. at 40,000 feet. Mind blown.

Here's the pics....not of me taking a shower you buncha pervs...The shower room itself. lol

Here's the room itself.

Attachments

• The shower room.jpg
    The shower room.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 19
  • shower head.jpg
    shower head.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 15
  • In shower TV.jpg
    In shower TV.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 15
  • hand towels inside shower room.jpg
    hand towels inside shower room.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 11
  • changing area.jpg
    changing area.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 17
  • hotel room.jpg
    hotel room.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 14
  • tv in mirror.jpg
    tv in mirror.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 14
  • hotel pool.jpg
    hotel pool.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 16
Apr 9, 2013
Some pics from Ferrari World!!

Entrance:

Attachments

• 06 (1).JPG
    06 (1).JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2005 Schumacher Ferrari F1.JPG
    2005 Schumacher Ferrari F1.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Formula Rossa Roller Coaster sign.jpg
    Formula Rossa Roller Coaster sign.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Ken and Zachary
May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
They had to milk in that it is the fastest coaster in the world. Too bad it gets slowed down 1/2 the speed directly after it. Still epic though. Curious, how rough was the launch?

Apr 9, 2013
Hahaha...Well the launch was like Verbolten meets Griffon....I was DEFINITELY pushed back into my seat HARD and they actually tell you before the train leaves the station to rest your head back. It was REALLY fast. And honestly even with the first hill slowing us down, it didn't feel like we slowed down all that much. The rest of the ride was just one high banked curve after another. Not much in the way of any airtime other than the first hill. There's this one turn towards the end of the ride where you cross under some of the supports for the coaster where you instinctively dodge your head to the right but still WELL WORTH the visit. And as I said before, this ride makes Apollo's Chariot feel like the slowest ride on the planet.

But it was fun! Trying to get more Ferrari World pics and pics of my dinner edited so I can post them. Feeling a little buzzed from all this booze they've got onboard for us. This whole plane ride absolutely rocks. Beats the shit out of flying in economy class. :) hahaha

Apr 9, 2013
Wheels on the ground. Just got through immigration at JFK airport a little while ago & now headed to the Emirates lounge for some R&R before I fly back to Richmond in an hour.

What a ride.
Never been this pampered in my entire life (and unless I win the lottery or something, probably won't again) so I hope ya'll got to see what it's like when a deserving person finally gets some positive karma headed their way. I just hope I didn't use up too much! lol

Apr 9, 2013
A few more food pics for CK....

Chicken curry two ways:

Attachments

• dinner chicken curry two ways.jpg
    dinner chicken curry two ways.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 13
  • dinner zucchini soup.jpg
    dinner zucchini soup.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 10
  • foie gras pastry with mushrooms.jpg
    foie gras pastry with mushrooms.jpg