Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 30, 2013
After my first attempt to make it down to Florida in January got derailed thanks to the JetBlue cancellations, I finally made it there at the end of March. My parents decided to come with me so they were along as well.

Originally we had scheduled Monday, March 24th as our day for Busch Gardens but the weather report said rain/thunder and I noticed on Twitter/Facebook BG closed early a few days that week due to weather. We switched it to Tuesday. We were staying in in Orlando and booked the package through the SeaWorld website for free dining at SW and BG for my parents. I wasn't on the reservation since I already have a Platinum Pass from SeaWorld San Diego.

They gave us the preferred parking thanks to my pass and once we got inside we headed toward the Serengeti area for the train. Didn't realize the first train didn't come until 11am so we walked around the area and I got on Montu (walked on). Walked through the animal area and got to the hyena exhibit area where it looks into the lion exhibit just as the lioness comes over to the glass, sees the hyena across the way and JUMPS into the glass with two paws on the ground and two paws thumping against the glass! The power you could feel standing there was insane. I was standing just a few feet away from the glass and the lion didn't even glance my way, even when I was standing in front of her....she was just focused on the hyena exhibit.

All in all, I hit Montu, Cheetah Hunt, Kumba, and Gwazi all by myself. Which brings me to my next question...does BG not have single rider lines? I didn't see any  and I definitely needed it for Kumba and Gwazi. Those were the most frustrating waits of my life as I could see empty seats rolling by on every ride that passed.

We missed all of the shows except for Madagascar Live! Operation Vacation. WalkAbout Way was awesome and loved seeing the orangs, tigers, chimps, lions, hyenas, giraffes, and rhinos. I somehow missed the cheetah run (didn't even see the exhibit at all?), got to the Animal Care center in the early afternoon and apparently they only do viewings in the mornings so that was disappointing to have missed because I was really looking forward to that.

I really was looking forward to the water rides but it was cold most of the day until the very late afternoon. We wound up going on Tanganyika Tidal Wave around 5pm. There was no wait for it (as opposed to the log flume ride which had tons of people in line) but the ride itself was pretty boring. If we had waited in line for that I would have been extremely disappointed.

I even got my free 6x8 photo for being a Passmember. We got the one we took with Elmo, haha. I brought along the free birthday dessert coupon they sent in January and I was even able to use that as well with no problems. Overall I loved the park (my parents hated it but they are no fun, haha) and wish I had more than one day there. It was literally my favorite day out of all the ones on my trip and we hit all 4 Disney parks, SeaWorld, and Aquatica on this trip. I can't wait to go back but who knows when I will be able to. I live in NYC so BG Williamsburg is somewhat driveable but I have a feeling that one can't live up to the awesomeness of BG Tampa bc of the lack of animals.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad