Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Pretzel Kaiser

Silver Donor
Apr 5, 2011
Last review from my trip.

Stinger- A standard Verkoma inverted boomerang. The only reason I rode it was because I didn’t ride the inverted one before. I will say that it was less rough than any of the other SLCs I’ve been on, but it’s still not very substantial and hardly worth a wait. 5/10

Steel Force- Pretty fun. Surprisingly smooth and good airtime. 7/10

Hydra- This might be a pretty unpopular opinion, but I thought this ride was too slow for most of the ride. I don’t like slow inversions, so the crawl out of the station into the corkscrew seemed like a terrible preface for the ride. The elements after the drop were fine, but I’d say the second half of the ride after lacked the proper speed. I think this might have dropped to the bottom of my B&M list. 6/10

Thunderhawk- Old ride, but pretty fun given it’s age. No major complaints here. 7/10

Talon- A great B&M invert, my favorite coaster of the bunch. Great speed and elements. 8/10

I skipped Wild Mouse because I’ve done them before and I skipped Possessed because I already did the one at Cedar Point.

Dorney is a very charming park for the most part. While it does suffer from the same CF generics as all of its park do, they make a very conscious effort to retain the old park charm and honor its past. The park actually has two train rides (one of which was down) which I feel is a very deliberate attempt to get the guests to enjoy the beauty the park has in addition to quite a few signs informing guests about the park’s history and former rides. I would think that if I was a local, the beauty of the park would make it the “BGW” of the area where I go with friends just to relax and enjoy the scenery.

As you can tell above, Dorney is one of the smallest CF parks out there. Part of me wonders if that’s due to very fierce competition nearby with Six Flags and Hershey, but there’s a small part of me that thinks (hopes?) that maybe it’s because they want Dorney to stay a small and charming park. I hope that CF deliberately keeps this park small in the future because in a world of gigas and stratos, these parks are a nice break.

Park Rating- 7/10

I only did Apollo and Monster, both were fun. The log flume was interesting in had it had a shallow drop.

the area was until recently quiet depressed economically with the collapse of the steal industry. Allentown really felt the pinch in the late 90s and never fully recovered.

I'm planning to go this weekend. I'm quite excited and have a feeling that the park is similar to Valleyfair which I visited in May. I don't think I ever gave a proper write-up from that trip, I'm really terrible about that.

Pretzel Kaiser said:
As you can tell above, Dorney is one of the smallest CF parks out there. Part of me wonders if that’s due to very fierce competition nearby with Six Flags and Hershey, but there’s a small part of me that thinks (hopes?) that maybe it’s because they want Dorney to stay a small and charming park.  I hope that CF deliberately keeps this park small in the future because in a world of gigas and stratos, these parks are a nice break.

Dorney has been and always will be a small park. They have very little room to expand as it's landlocked by the surrounding neighborhoods and Hamilton Blvd.

Reactions: Zachary and Zimmy
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad