Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I thinking about trying to sneak up for a short visit and was curious if anyone can offer any advice as to how busy the park may be during their spring operating times. My main goal is to try and knock out 6 coasters to get my count up to 49 with Pantheon being 50. So I really M looking to know if doing so is possible in a half day visit?

I just went to the park yesterday. It was quite busy. Operations can be very bad at great adventure sometimes. I would highly recommend a flash pass if you can afford it. Even the most basic level that doesn't change how long you wait can still save you a lot of time because the system doesn't get updated right away. Bizzaro had a 70 minute wait but the flash pass wait was 5 minutes for me. It was only $50.

I'd honestly wait for Toro and Jersey Devil to open up before considering a trip to GAdv, especially if its your first time and you're not planning to go back later in the season. Toro has been down lately due to temps so I'd at least wait till that's open plus with another potential top 10 opening up later this year, you might as well wait it out.

And yes depending on how the weather looks, its very possible to knock a few coasters out and leave. If you snag Flashpass it won't matter when you visit

El Toro finally opened this past weekend. And, yes, you definitely want El Toro to be one of your rides. The times I've been to SFGAdv there's been no need for a flash pass, but I've probably just picked less busy days to go. I certainly never saw a 70 minute wait for Bizarro. That one has always had a very short line when I've gone (and it's really good). I think just because of its location in the park. If that was getting 70 minute waits then the park must have been really busy. Or I suppose it could be that ops are really slow right now.

Reactions: Unagi
If you don't care which coasters those are, 6 coasters are easy. However I would spend longer there, how about settling for Toro being your #50? They have 3 Intamins ... Place can be very crowded though, and Ka lines are especially extreme.

I've gone as a day trip from VA, it's a long day. Sunday before 11 and after 8 is the best time to travel. Get EZ Pass for the toll$.

I’ve actually been quite a few times. If it’s your first time, I recommend a full day. It’s one of the top tier Six Flags parks. I’ve never been on a completely dead day and usually have a waited at minimum 10-15 for the most popular rides.

They have a ton of credits if that’s what you’re trying to get and an amazing animal safari. You’ll be rushing around trying the get everything done.

If you *really* want to do just 6 coasters, I’d recommend Nitro, El Toro, Kingda Ka, Bizzaro, Superman and maybe Batman? Definitely do Wonder Woman, Battle For Metropolis, and Cyborg if you haven’t done anything like that. Safari is a must as well if you’re into that type of stuff. It really is a massive place that I wouldn’t nit pick at. Vastly different park from Six Flags America.

If you decide you want to do more rides and are concerned about waits, PM me atleast a day in advance and I can take care of that for you.

SFGAdv is a great park. Lots of good coasters including El Toro which is every bit as superb as it is said to be (back row all day, every day, but really it's great anywhere on the train), and good flats. I take it that everyone who's ridden both Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster likes TTD more, but I haven't ridden TTD and I thought KK was awesome, especially in the front row. I haven't done the safari, so that's something I need to do. The tolls to get there from the south are a bit brutal, though.

Reactions: Unagi and belsaas
SFGAdv is a great park. Lots of good coasters including El Toro which is every bit as superb as it is said to be (back row all day, every day,...

El Toro’s last hill before the figure 8 turn around is alone worth the road trip! I thought I was gonna be ejected off the train and end up on the other side of the park by Nitro!

Reactions: Crunchewy
Thanks for all the advice guys. Retooling at the sedchule it doesn't look like I can make it up before a possible Pantheon opening which defeats the purpose of a rush trip so I am going to wait till I can make a longer trip out of it.

Reactions: RollyCoaster
Thanks for all the advice guys. Retooling at the sedchule it doesn't look like I can make it up before a possible Pantheon opening which defeats the purpose of a rush trip so I am going to wait till I can make a longer trip out of it.

Good call. If you can make a multi day trip out of it I say do it! Hit up Dorney and Hershey with the trip and maybe do half says at SP and Dutch Wonderland if you got any small ones with you. Honestly Hersheypark and SFGAdv are 2 day parks for a firstor infrequent visitor.

I'm trying to visit in early July, I've kind of figured thats a safe date for Jersey Devil opening. My plan is to go to GADV 2 days, then SFA 1 day. My main question is - should I just buy a GADV pass to save money? And if not, what's the best way to buy tickets to save money?

I'm trying to visit in early July, I've kind of figured thats a safe date for Jersey Devil opening. My plan is to go to GADV 2 days, then SFA 1 day. My main question is - should I just buy a GADV pass to save money? And if not, what's the best way to buy tickets to save money?

SF passes are good at every SF park. That's what we got. I don't know what the price is now, but earlier on they sell them for dirt cheap. Note that you must activate your pass at the park you buy from, before you can go to another SF park. SFA will be your cheapest option, but if you're going to SFGAdv first, then you should get the pass from SFGAdv. I believe gold pass and above gets you free parking, so that's what you want.

SF passes are good at every SF park. That's what we got. I don't know what the price is now, but earlier on they sell them for dirt cheap. Note that you must activate your pass at the park you buy from, before you can go to another SF park. SFA will be your cheapest option, but if you're going to SFGAdv first, then you should get the pass from SFGAdv. I believe gold pass and above gets you free parking, so that's what you want.
Thanks

I almost think it would be worth a bit more to have a GrAdv pass to get the Bring a Friend Free schedule for the more crowded park. There are special member deals at all parks but the big ones are home park only.

Note that membership can be cancelled anytime after a year: want a 13 month pass to do a particular event again next year, no problem. And when you cancel they may offer a better deal (which you'll have to activate at your home park again, unless that's changed).

Thanks for all the input, if everything works out this will be my first trip to a SF park. I had no idea how their passes worked lol

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad