Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
cotnoutlaw said:
It's not upside down, it's meant to be an inverted coaster.

Like Alpen

Oh my bad! I didn't think inverted coaster because of the single car and the lift angle being so steep.

LOL

2013-04-06%2023.50.50.jpg

I'll share this...

For toys, I've got a few from the park. I had a blue monkey with a crick in its neck (not enough stuffing), and a turtle pillow pet, but I gave those to my nephew.

I also have a UNC basketball.

Trying to score a chili pepper, a one-eyed Minion, a VT basketball, a squid hat, and a giant corn this year. Still could use a set of holiday Minions, Slimer, a ghost, and a Stay-Puff Marshmallow man.

- One of the cool things about the new owners is that they buy awesome prizes :cool:

Attachments

• CIMG5327.JPG
    CIMG5327.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: Unagi
netdvn said:
Trying to score . . . a squid hat . . .

You do realize you can win one for $6 or just buy one for $10 at those carts.

netdvn said:
- One of the cool things about the new owners is that they buy awesome prizes :cool:

I can guarantee you that the new owners have absolutely nothing to do with the prize options at the games. Although, I will say that all the prizes you see were planned one year in advanced. Nothing really has changed in that department, other than it is the same people buying different prizes in hope you spend your entire life savings to get this giant 10X your size plush thing.

Party Rocker said:
You do realize you can win one for $6 or just buy one for $10 at those carts.

I don't play the games very often. Still, since Ravens carries the squid hats and pretzels, I'll try to score one over the summer.

Party Rocker said:
I can guarantee you that the new owners have absolutely nothing to do with the prize options at the games. Although, I will say that all the prizes you see were planned one year in advanced. Nothing really has changed in that department, other than it is the same people buying different prizes in hope you spend your entire life savings to get this giant 10X your size plush thing.
I don't remember seeing bananas and chili peppers when I frequented the park in 2007, or see them that often shortly afterwards. I started seeing them around 2011 (not sure if they came out earlier since I avoided the park from 2009-2010). Still my sources tell me merch buys the prizes at the beginning of the season and uses them up throughout the year.

- Bananas are totally awesome! :cool:

netdvn said:
I don't remember seeing bananas and chili peppers when I frequented the park in 2007, or see them that often shortly afterwards. I started seeing them around 2011 (not sure if they came out earlier since I avoided the park from 2009-2010). Still my sources tell me merch buys the prizes at the beginning of the season and uses them up throughout the year.

- Bananas are totally awesome! :cool:

Bananas were first presented in 2011; however yes the Merchandise department orders the products at the beginning and they get used up throughout the year BUT, the Games Manager and Director are the ones who decide what get ordered and they typically start planning for the next year a year in advance.

In fact, all retail products will soon be or already have been decided upon through corporate, game prizes will forever remain a locally decided product. The people deciding on what prizes they offer have been there for a while, wholesale plush manufactures started offering the bananas for sale in 2010, which is why you see them introduced in the park in 2011 because they were a new product.

Also, the bananas were sch a big hit, they then went to bananas with dreads, then chili peppers, and now corn.

Oh- hmm.. my toys from Busch Gardens... does anyone really want to go there? :shocked: Really?

But in the spirit of things, I will say I recently received a cute "Mushroom Man" I really really wanted from my husband who played the golf game and won! My hero!

Here is the "mushroom man" peeking out from a bag my friend's mom made me for Easter. :D

Attachments

• IMG_5052.JPG
    IMG_5052.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: chickenking
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad