Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
KD14-453_Tower_Tastings_Logo.jpg

Kings Dominion said:
Spend an evening with Kings Dominion Executive Chef Paul Maloney as he prepares and serves tastings from the top of the Eiffel Tower. Some items will even be prepared tableside for a unique experience. Make sure to be there early, limited space is available.  

MENU:

• Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese Crumbles on Tasting Spoons
  • Champagne and Mixed Berry Shooter
  • Mini Beef Short Rib Slider with Brie and Smoked Tomato Jam
  • Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Balsamic Drizzle
  • Pastrami Smoked Salmon on Cornbread Round with Creme Fraiche and Chive

Where: Eiffel Tower observation deck
When: September 28; 6:00PM-7:30PM
Price: 19.99 plus tax; children 2 and under are free with paying adult
Link

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
RE: Tower Tastings 2014

This event looks really cool...except for the part where you have to be on top of the Eiffel Tower. Still, I see a #ForScience...

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
RE: Tower Tastings 2014

This seems like a great idea, and what you don't like you can drop on the peasents below!

It is a very cool idea there isn't too much room up there for a huge set up of food. I also can imagine that since it is at the top of the tower they won't constantly be making trips up and down the tower to get more/fresher food.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Food quality at Tower Tastings tonight was honestly a few steps above what we've come to expect from Busch Gardens Williamsburg's Food & Wine Festival.

That said, Kings Dominion has the advantage of not having to produce a large selection of items in addition to the current production volume being incredibly small in comparison. I don't know if Kings Dominion has the ability to scale the operation, but regardless, if nothing else, Kings Dominion's top tier food "hobby" is churning out real, incredibly impressive results that would give any park a run for their money.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Zachary, the park hinted at the Spring Bloom Festival being expanded in 2015 and I'm sure Chef Paul will get his hands into it somehow. So maybe culinary will eventually get its own event. :cool:

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad